Forums

Gloves for older golfers with Arthritus

•  

I was wondering, with the many choices that FJ offers, if they have ever considered going into this type of glove market. So far there is only one company that I am aware of that does so. I think  that with all the number of senior golfers out there, this would be a great hit. I golf with a number of seniors and they all agree that they would like to have some type of glove from FJ that would ease the ache and pressure on the hand like the one glove on the  market now does.

•  

eagle3

I was wondering, with the many choices that FJ offers, if they have ever considered going into this type of glove market. So far there is only one company that I am aware of that does so. I think  that with all the number of senior golfers out there, this would be a great hit. I golf with a number of seniors and they all agree that they would like to have some type of glove from FJ that would ease the ache and pressure on the hand like the one glove on the  market now does.

As someone who is 59 and getting ready to cross over (to senior tees) I think it is a great idea. Plus a Footjoy line of drool cups would be great. Plus a footjoy line of med caring cases and perhaps...........huh ...eh? oh well maybe I can think of it later what was this post about again?

•  

The humor of the reply slips past me. If you ever had arthritis in your hands,maybe you might be more receptive to the idea. I have golfed with a numbeer of seniors who would like to have a glove or gloves that would help relive the pain associated with the big A.

•  

eagle3

The humor of the reply slips past me. If you ever had arthritis in your hands,maybe you might be more receptive to the idea. I have golfed with a numbeer of seniors who would like to have a glove or gloves that would help relive the pain associated with the big A.

I am sorry you misunderstood. I am 59 and have arthritis my Father had it so bad he was confined to a wheel chair and could not even drive a car. I take pain medication in order to play golf.  My hands get extreme cramps after wards. I do yoga every morning just ot stay semi flexible. The list goes on and on.

However I like to keep a sense of humor about things. if you look at the post the humour was pointed at my failings. I was geting kidded the other day when my hands cramped and every one laughed and said I needed to drink beer with two hands.

Please accept my sincere apologies if i offended you or any one else.

•  

Holley, apology accepted. It may have been the way it was phrased that caused it come across  and I  didn't get it the way it was intended. I too have some in my hands, but mostly in the lower back. Fun getting old isn't it? We are all just carriers of AIDS as we mature. Bandaids, hearing aids, walking aids, stomach aids, and the list goes on.

•  

Hi guys --

We have actually had products for this market in the past on two different occasions.  Both versions were called "Shock Stopper".  The last product was in the market (with limited distribution in 2008-2009).  Here's a picture ...

Good news is that we are working on another glove that should end up to be a much better option than previous Shock Stopper models. 

I talked to our glove team and we would like to offer you both the opportunity to be part of the testing team for this new product.  If you are interested, let me know in this thread and I will contact you offline.

Regards,

ML

•  

Mike Lowe

Hi guys --

We have actually had products for this market in the past on two different occasions.  Both versions were called "Shock Stopper".  The last product was in the market (with limited distribution in 2008-2009).  Here's a picture ...

Good news is that we are working on another glove that should end up to be a much better option than previous Shock Stopper models. 

I talked to our glove team and we would like to offer you both the opportunity to be part of the testing team for this new product.  If you are interested, let me know in this thread and I will contact you offline.

Regards,

ML

Count me in. ml cadet I am a right hand player Thanks

•  

Most definitely. Would definitely like to try one out. I have a large number of friends that are in varying stages of Arthritic hands and when we see them, I would be happy to let them know about the product.

It will be latter this year that we will see them as we winter in Texas and that is where they will be.

•  

Mike, forgot to let you know my glove size, ML.

•  

mike, i'ld love to help with the reseach of this glove, after all being 60, my hands aren't too bad but any help to keep them that way would be great.

•  

I used the Bionic when I had some tendinitis, didn't realize that FJ had this kind of glove. Thanks!

•  

I managed to get ahold of a 6-pack of these gloves this past summer. I'm 46, have arthritis in my hands and they helped a lot!

They have thicker leather in most of the spots that contact the grip of the golf club.

I also gave one to my 16-year-old son. He uses it as a practice glove that absolutely won't wear out!

They have the removeable ball marker too!

• 58 points

To Mike Lowe:  If the Shock Stopper glove is no longer available, what is the next best glove for arthritis that Foot Joy makes.  My son gave me the glove last year and it is great.  Thanks.  Doug Shepherd

•  

Shep, While FJ is in the process of  working on a new design, Check out several of the on line golf supply shops. I can't remember which ones I have seen that still have them available, but there sre some gloves still on the market. I'll check my shops and let you know if you can't find any.

Eagle

•  

Doug, Just checked several of the on line shops with negative results, but did find them available on EBAY. You'll just have to go thru the listings to find the right size. GOOD LUCK