Forums

Gloves for older golfers with Arthritus

•  

eagle3

Just had a friend grip his clubs using the tennis wrap over his existing grip as he has the  BIG A in both hands and has had trouble gripping the club along with the discomfort of the associated pain involved with the impact. He loves the new feel of the clubs and says that he is able to grip the club more securely and does not experience as much discomfort during the hit. He currently is using the Bionic gloves and said that he is still trying to figure out how they have designed the glove to make his hands feel warmer than usual. I informed him that FJ ( I heard)  is working on a new glove for those with the BIG A problem and he is looking forward to their release as he always used FJ gloves before and regards them as the leader in the glove technology area.

eagle3

The tennis overgrip wraps are thin but good.   The one I recommended is a new full  replacement grip with adhesive back, not an overgrip..  You can hit cinderblocks with these, and no vibration.  Can be put directly over existing grips for a buildup, and easier on the finger joints. 

Deno

•  

I hope Chris & the gang will included me in this test for the Big-A

• 755 points

I too would like to participate is a study group.  I have Arthritus and am 62 years old.  I refer to it as human oxidation. 

•  

that sounds like a great idea

•  

This is one of the coolest thread.  Although I hate to admit it, I've had an early onset of arthritis- I'm only 55 in a month and my fingers are already rucked (. . . and so the sun rises in the morning [sigh]).  I'll be on the hunt for this gloves to see if the local stores would have them.  But, please let us know when the new comes out.

(I'm really not liking the thought of saying goodbye to StaSof and Perma. . . ugh, but oh well, the first tee will always be more fun to to think about!)

•  

I have some very close friends who have the big A. While there is  no glove available from FJ now that specifically is aimed at the golfer with A, many of my friends are using SPIDR2 and are very satisfied with it. You might want to give this one a try as it does allow them to get a better grip on the club and they tell me that they don't feel the shock as much, which is a great help.

• 106 points

Any chance you could include a lady in the testing of the new replacement glove for Shockstopper? I've used these gloves for the past few years...and when I started this season was disappointed to learn they're no longer available.  (I stocked up once I discovered how effective they were at keeping my joints protected). 

Do you know when the 'new replacement' product for the Shockstopper is due out?

Am playing on my existing glove until a hole wears through...no luck locating my size on the internet.   Thanks

•  

I can forward this along to our glove team but at the current moment I am uncertain if we plan to replace the ShockStopper. 

• 756 points

Glad someone is addressing this.

Although only 51, I am starting to feel the effect. Look forward to FJ getting these out.

•  

Striker Wright

Glad someone is addressing this.

Although only 51, I am starting to feel the effect. Look forward to FJ getting these out.

I ACTUALLY FOUND THAT THE SPIDR2 HELPS A BUNCH.

• 463 points

I don't have the problem to the extent that eagle3 does but it's beginning.  Glad to see FootJoy addressing again.  I would definitely be interested in the results!

•  

I have only a minor problem, but have yet to switch to any other glove at this point. I have recommended the SPIDR 2 to others and they seem to like it.

• 3 points

Hi M. I used FJ weathersoft for many years until arthritis. Using Shock stopper now and it works well but I'm about out. Any progress on the new and improved shock stopper? A lot of boomers have retired with disposable income in the last 4 years. Thanks, fastwalker
  •  

fastwalker
    Hi M. I used FJ weathersoft for many years until arthritis. Using Shock stopper now  and it works well but I'm about out. Any progress on the new and improved shock stopper? A lot of boomers have retired with disposable income in the last 4 years. Thanks, fastwalker

Fastwalker,

The ShockStopper was discontinued in 2009.  It is surprising you could find them anywhere.  At the current moment there are no plans to bring this glove back to production.