Forums

PureTouch

• 1362 points

I have been a very big fan of the Footjoy TV spots: "All That We Are" and "No Ordinary Walk". Very inspirational. So I bought my first FJ glove yesterday -  pure touch - that I will use only for tournaments. They feel great. I usually put my gloves in an air-tight zip-lock bag to make them last longer. Does anyone else do this? How else do people maintain or increase longevity of their gloves - aside from washing them?

• 3503 points

The best thing you can do is keep the glove, when not in use, in the packaging in which they came. Lay the glove as smoothly and flat as possible and slide it back down in the packaging.

Also, depending on how you grip the club can be a HUGE factor in determining the lifespan of a glove. With the PTL being such a nice, smooth, supple, and thin leather; the longevity won't be as much as say a GTXtreme but should last you multiple rounds/practice sessions.

Again, outside of placing back in the package, there is no one perfect answer to increased longevity of the glove. Good purchase!!

•  

Rotating more than one helps as well.

•  

Rotate gloves and make sure they are dry before sealing them up in any bag.  I just put it back flat in the package for storage.

PTL's are too valuable to not treat with the highest respect.

TT

• 1362 points

OK, will get another PT for rotation.

• 2956 points

OUTIGER
    Rotate gloves and make sure they are dry before sealing them up in any bag.  I just put it back flat in the package for storage.

PTL's are too valuable to not treat with the highest respect.

TT

Hear, Hear

• 1362 points

Would anyone here recommend washing and then rubbing mink oil? I have read that this is what some people do to make them last longer but I am a bit apprehensive about both washing and putting mink oil. Can Footjoy confirm that this is fine for the PureTouch Limited glove or recommend an appropriate alternative?

• 5025 points

JosephR
    Would anyone here recommend washing and then rubbing mink oil? I have read that this is what some people do to make them last longer but I am a bit apprehensive about both washing and putting mink oil. Can Footjoy confirm that this is fine for the PureTouch Limited glove or recommend an appropriate alternative?

Go into the postings for Gloves on the FJC web page and you will find a thread devoted to washing golf gloves. Numerous posts and replies going back nine months or so...Very informative...

•  

Rotating is the key, also like TT said letting them dry in advance of storing is also helpful.

• 1643 points

Add another one to rotating gloves...Especially during the summer months!!!!

• 4887 points

This is the thread on glove care referenced above:

www.footjoy.com/.../9774.aspx

• 1637 points

I store all my FJ gloves in a zip lock bag, but only after letting them dry completely and then folding them.  I have several SciFlex gloves in one bag and a couple of Titleist gloves in another.  Alwaya have to rotate them and ensure they all see action when I play and practice.  Hope this helps.  

• 1362 points

As do I. The other day I washed my 2 PTLs and allowed to dry overnight. The next night I rubbed a very small amount of Kiwi Mink Oil all over it and it feels like new. Allowed to air out overnight again and then folded the thumb under and flattened both into a zip loc bag ready for my semi-final match.

•  

Ditto on let dry ad store in zip lock bag.  I have been doing this for years and get a lot of wear out of my gloves.  I also rotate a few gloves just like I do my shoes.  I am a preventative maintenance kind of guy.  cz  : )

• 324 points

air tight zip lock really helps them last as long as possible