Forums

Glove Recommendations for Texas weather

• 538 points

Currently I am playing with the WeatherSof glove put doesnt last to long. I would like to purchase a new golf glove this week, any recommendations for the TX heat?

•  

SciFlex does well with heat and humidity.  And for the price would be a good choice.

TT

• 538 points

I was narrowing it down between SciFlex or StaSof glove. My hands dont sweat that bad and I take off my glove after every shot. When I wear out gloves the thumb is the first to go. I have been using the weathersof and the last one lasted me about 14 rounds.

•  

I play the StaSof glove, but Tim's recommendation is a good one too.   I would recommend using several gloves during a round.  Once your glove starts getting a little wet from sweat, switch to one you haven't used yet.  You'll get a lot more use out of all of them that way.  If you try to use one glove for the entire 18 holes, that usually will wear it out quickly.

• 5550 points

I play with the StaSof. I swap between two per round. I like the SciFlex too. Use two per round.

•  

stevebert2714
    I was narrowing it down between SciFlex or StaSof glove. My hands dont sweat that bad and I take off my glove after every shot. When I wear out gloves the thumb is the first to go. I have been using the weathersof and the last one lasted me about 14 rounds.

14 Rounds! I say the durability is just fine.

•  

I recently played golf in Texas, great experience. I switched between a Pure Touch and a WeatherSof glove. I preferred the WeatherSof. The weather wasn't even Texas hot yet, I could imagine in the summer.

•  

Unfortunately not available in the US, but the FJ Tropicool is perfect to play both hot and/or humid climates.

• 2956 points

Tommy two gloves recommends:

• 1466 points

When I play in the heat and humidity I have sometimes just used a rain glove, I know it sounds crazy but I found it works but besides that I just use a StaSof

•  

Steve, having lived in Texas my whole life, I'm familiar with your plight. 14 rounds is a lot for a glove, but if you're looking to handle the sweat (perspire is what girls do), the SciFlex features moisture wicking material on the back and it works great. Yuo could also try the GT Extreme for more durability.

• 538 points

Good thoughts, I recently moved from NH and this is my second summer in TX, first with a golf membership so I figure I will be playing a lot. Thanks again for all the ideas, I will be sure to check out all the gloves mentioned.