Forums

RESURGENCE OF STASOF?

•  

Anyone noticed that these seems to be a lot of tour players wearing StaSof again.

Sciflex seemed to be in fashion for a while and I saw Streelman wore them on the weekend but don't seem tyo see them as often OR is this just me imagining things?

•  

StaSof has been my go to forever.  But now I tried on a PTL and I'm scared that I'm going to have to increase my glove budget! :-O

•  

You may see a lot of SciFlex in the warmer places like SoCal / So Fla due to its premier breathability while having that StaSof grip and feel. Sometimes, these guys wear what they want and roll with it. Like me

•  

StaSof is the standard for gloves, but in hot, humid conditions, we may see more players sporting the SciFlex due to its moisture wicking characteristics. I will be, for one. Perhaps that's why Streelman was wearing the SciFlex. He must've been sweating, just a tad, down the stretch. Especially when that cut 5-iron looked like he pushed it a hair. ;-)

•  

I will be honest, I hadn't noticed at all. And call me quirky, but I usually look at the shoes and not the glvoes.

•  

Justinu3
    StaSof has been my go to forever.  But now I tried on a PTL and I'm scared that I'm going to have to increase my glove budget! :-O

I know what you mean Justin. It's like really good scotch - you're spoiled for life and your budget is in peril.

•  

Justinu3

that is what i said justin but i dont think i will pay around $30 for a glove ill just stick to my sciflex gloves

•  

now that the sofjoy looks like stasof i will start using them

• 2781 points

Besides the new GTxtreme the StaSof has to be my favorite glove that FJ makes.  I did notice that a lot of winners have been going to this glove, the performance speaks for itself.

•  

I love the StaSof glove, but my grip of choice (Golf Pride multicompound) really chews them up.

•  

Does the grip chew up other gloves of similar quality?  Perhaps that means your swing has a flaw.

• 2781 points

I use the GP multicompound and never had a problem with wear like that

• 1466 points

Memphisunited I agree the golf prides really do chew up my Stasofs but I can't play with anything else! The only other gloves I use are the Titleist players and the Pure Touch but only use them in tournaments otherwise I would have to get a new glove every week!

•  

Yep, the tour pros wear Sciflex when it get hot for the same reason we all do - moisture wicking. when they get in cooler temps, StaSof gloves "go back in the bag".

•  

its an oldie and a goodie!