Forums

SCIFLEX

•  

Hey Fred, great buy but how long will a dozen last you?

• 4180 points

Just a quick ebay glance shows that you can get 3 packs of the sciflex at around 10 bucks / glove.  Not a bad deal at all!

•  

CROCMAN
    Hey Fred, great buy but how long will a dozen last you?

Forgive me for answering this post sooner Crocman. I think a dozen may last me 2 months. I play to rotate 4 packets of 3 gloves once it gets hot (> 90 degrees) and rotate a packet each day to see how they hold up. If I find that rotating 3 gloves doesn't work, I will try 4, then 6. IF give gloves 2+ days to recover, they hold up much longer, if I wash out the salt from sweat.

• 5046 points

fredcloss
    CROCMANHey Fred, great buy but how long will a dozen last you?Forgive me for answering this post sooner Crocman. I think a dozen may last me 2 months. I play to rotate 4 packets of 3 gloves once it gets hot (> 90 degrees) and rotate a packet each day to see how they hold up. If I find that rotating 3 gloves doesn't work, I will try 4, then 6. IF give gloves 2+

days to recover, they hold up much longer, if I wash out the salt from sweat.

Fred,you've taken the art of golf glove durability and turned into science! Makes a ton of sense and especially to wash out the salt...

•  

Fred,

Not sure if I'm shocked or impressed - 12 gloves in 2 months wow.

You either must play a heap of golf or are pretty rough on them (guessing the former!)

If so, all I can say is WOW and lucky you because a dozen would last me about a year.

•  

Great glove.  Wears well and feels great round after round.

•  

I received some new Sciflex today. Can't wait to start using it.

•  

Fred does play a lot of golf.  Pinky says he lives at the course.

•  

I do play a lot - 4 to 6 rounds per week as Pulplvr will attest.

As an update to this, I put 6 Sciflex gloves in play on June 1, in 2 groups of 3, switching gloves every hole. On July 1, I put all six in rotation, wearing the same gloves every round, but still switching gloves on every hole. I washed the salt out in mid-July and again on August 1. They are still going after approximately 60 rounds of golf, but yesterday, the 5th glove (I number them to keep track of their playing order), finally got a small hole on the thumb. I expect the 5 remaining gloves will survive the end of August.

The conclusion of this is 1. The SciFlex glove vents the heat, my hand stays cooler and I don't sweat nearly as profusely as I do when I wear the StaSof glove. 2. The SciFlex glove is durable, if you will take care of them by washing out the salt, letting them almost dry and putting them on your hand while still "moist" to revive their shape. Gloves are expensive and 6 gloves over the summer is a lot less then I used last year (2 dozen StaSof).

•  

Think FJ want the research Fred. Too late for a FJ PHD?

Personally I just love the Sciflex. Love the snugness of the fit and the feel. Will have to be something very, very good indeed for me to change. Tried the PTL for a 3 glove trial last summer and whilst it is an excellent glove I simply couldn't say it was better.

• 1649 points

I have used this glove since OUTIGER gave me one a few years ago.  Fits well and lasts a long time if you take care of it.  The changes to the latest version are so minor I really did not notice until I saw this thread and compared them side by side.  I like it and will keep on using it and recommending it to all who ask for a good quality golf glove.

•  

Today, gloves 4 and 5 bit the dust. It's time for new gloves but was amazed that with the heat of a Texas summer, I only needed 6, SciFlex gloves (and a little rinsing) to make it to Labor Day. I love the StaSof, but the SciFlex is my glove of choice from May1 to October 1.

• 1649 points

Got to the local course I work at today, and had a nice surprise waiting for me.  Two brand new Sciflex gloves in the size I wear sitting there with my name on them.  Was a good day after that, and a big thanks to the person who hooked me up with those items.  Now I have to hope for more warm weather on my day off so I can hit the links and put one of them to good use.  

•  

I have made the SciFlex one of my favorites gloves this year...ever since I was introduced to it at the FJAI last Sept 2012, it has been my glove of choice.  Prior to that I used the Titleist Players and FJ StaSof...still use these occaisionally but really love the SciFlex especially for on the range!

• 4180 points

I really never paid much mind to the glove type I was wearing.  This year however after becoming part of the FJC I looked into the SciFlex's.  Got a 3 pack off of ebay for a great price.  I've worn them all summer long (with a short detour with a PTL).  The end result is that I'm very happy at their comfort and durability and I'll keep wearing them!