Gear... You just need it.

Gear... You just need it.

•  

In my bag I carry 2 FJ rain tops; with sleeves and without, and my rain pants. Of course I have the FJ rain gloves, along with 7 FJ Sci Flex gloves. Also have my North Carolina Tar Heel FJ wind shirt just in case it's a bit chilly out. I carry a Scotty Cameron fleece hat at all times, because you just never know here in Michigan. Then of course there's a dozen Titleist NXT Tour balls for the round.

You just have to carry a well stocked bag, because you never know what conditions you'll run in to. Of course anyone on this site knows that, and does the same.... I hate being with a group where a guy isn't prepared for the elements and whines about the rain or cold or wind. Step up.....    

•  

I always carry my raing gear in the car.  I carry my bag on the course so if I hunkered down like you I would pass out after five holes lol! 

Where abouts in Michigan are you from.  I am from the Macomb Township area.

Tim

•  

Tim, I am in St. Joseph on the far western side of the state.

So what do you do if it starts to rain while you're on the course and your gear is in the trunk? I was playing a few days ago and it was beutiful outside. As I teed off on 17 it started to rain, and by the time I holed out it was a downpour.

•  

I carry the rain suit in the bag.  Pants and short sleeve jacket with rain gloves and cold weather gloves.  The rain suit is needed in the bag, it works great if its a little chilly or in the rain. 

•  

I carry my bag.  During the summer in Memphis, there is no need to carry rain gear.  If it starts to pour, it's just called welcomed relief.  Our heat plus humidity is great for making it seem like you are drenched in rain anyway.

•  

It depends on the day. If I am playing a tournament and using my staff bag, I will carry at least a rain top. If it is spring or fall I will add a pullover vest. If the weather looks like it may be bad, it will be the full rain suit, extra hats, a few extra gloves and spare socks.

If it is just a casual round with my carry bag, it has only the bare essentials in it. Rain gear only goes in if the chance of rain is pretty high.

Usually never more than 5 or 6 balls and 1 extra glove.

Snacks are a must, never want to be hungry out there.

•  

Tar Heel

Tim, I am in St. Joseph on the far western side of the state.

So what do you do if it starts to rain while you're on the course and your gear is in the trunk? I was playing a few days ago and it was beutiful outside. As I teed off on 17 it started to rain, and by the time I holed out it was a downpour.

There are a few holes that play close to the parking lot at the club.  If worst comes to worst and a little rain kicks up I will get wet for a hole or two before I can get over to the car.  I like to keep the bag as light as possible.  I carry three balls, a few tees, my laser, and that is about it besides my sticks.  If I know there is a chance that there will be rain in the forecast, I will either carry the umbrella or throw in the convertible FJ rain jacket.  It is way too hot and humid here in the summer to even contemplate wearing my rain pants.  I have to pick up a pair of the convertible FJ rain pants.  I would rock the rainproof shorts all day.

Tim

Tim

•  

Do you think rain "shorts" defeat the purpose?  I mean, you socks will be soaked!

•  

In my car at all times are my FJ sleeveless vest, FJ short sleeve windshirt and FJ long sleeve windshirts along with the FJ rain gloves and FJ rain suit.  Michigan weather changes as often as people change their underwear so you need to be prepared.  I see both tim6918 and Tar Heel live in Michigan and can relate!! tim6918 where in the Macomb Twp area do you live?  Where do you play?  I live in Clinton Twp and spend a lot of time practicing at Plum Brook and Fern Hill along with playing some of the better courses (Greystone, Orchards...). 

•  

I check the weather always before I tee off.  No way I am going to pack my bag down with all that gear.  My car and locker at work are always well stocked for any situation. 

•  

I like to b prepared, I have rain gear in my bag at all times, and my trunk looks like a closet with extra pants, shorts, shoes, socks, shirts hats and pullovers.

•  

I always carry my gear in my truck, never know what Oklahoma weather is going to do next. I will pack what I think will be usefull for the day.

•  

It the spring and fall and carry my rain pants and rain jacket in my bag.  Usually in the summer I just carry the jacket or get soaked.

•  

Can't forget those rain gloves either or at least I cant.

•  

Iagree, with not carrying everything in the bag. I have one of the new Titleist LIte Weight bags. I bought for a reason. Even though I can no longer walk a course, due to an injury, I never-the-less like to keep my bag light. I only carry my rain jacket and ttwo pairs of extra gloves. I also carry a small first aid kit. It has proved to be one of the most valuable items in my bag. Ever cut yourself  or have someone your playing with suffer a small abrasion and not be able to do something about it except cuss.?? I have and having several first aid iems in the bag pays off.