BEST WAY TO CLEAN YOUR CAPS AND VISORS

BEST WAY TO CLEAN YOUR CAPS AND VISORS

•  

Put your dirty cap or visor on the rack throw it in the wash and let it air dry. Works great!

laundryAccessories?utmmedium=feed&productId=10030905&utmsource=googleplusbox&gclid=CPq65r2rK8CFeJe7Aods0 Pow&sku=10054062

• 1484 points

I've got one of these and they work great...Except on really heavy sweat stains. To eliminate those, my suggestion is stop by your nearest Lids(Hat retail store in most malls across America) and get some of their sweat spray. Just like  Scotchguard for your hat. I swear by the stuff.

•  

Two great ideas up there.  Thanks.  I won't be hanging my washed cap on the faucet overnight anymore. . . and sweat spray, huh.  I used to just wet the cap during summer time when I get supper sweaty, and it works, and it feels cools on hot days.  The real good thing about it is it leaves no sodium deposits or whatever that white stuff that wont come off is called).  Thanks, again.

• 2180 points

I've always just taken my hats in the shower with me and used shampoo to clean them. Works great. 

miller821

I've got one of these and they work great...Except on really heavy sweat stains. To eliminate those, my suggestion is stop by your nearest Lids(Hat retail store in most malls across America) and get some of their sweat spray. Just like  Scotchguard for your hat. I swear by the stuff.

I will have to check that out, I swear I sweat a gallon at times when its hot. Tough being a fat guy ;) 

•  

My wife throws them in the wash and than sets them and lets them dry.  What is the big deal it is only a hat.

•  

It has always been the staple to wash them in the dishwasher (cup/glass) rack and the let them dry by hanging them on a plastic hanger.

-ICONs for All

•  

Thanks for sharing but I will still make a dry wash with a carpet cleaning product.

•  

NCBob

My wife throws them in the wash and than sets them and lets them dry.  What is the big deal it is only a hat.

You don't understand, NCBob, it's a matter of $25 whole dollars were talking about here! (lol)

•  

noeldaof

NCBob

You don't understand, NCBob, it's a matter of $25 whole dollars were talking about here! (lol)

Now that you put it that way, I'll just throw the d---- thing out.  And I have been making my poor wife do all that work.  Shame on me.

•  

NCBob

Now that you put it that way, I'll just throw the d---- thing out.  And I have been making my poor wife do all that work.  Shame on me.

Ha ha ha. . . you got it!

It never comes out the same anyway. . . it always comes out deformed!!!  So now I have a few stack of cleaned but deformed hat in the closet.  some memorable ones from trips, but really, it will never be worn again.

Thanks. . . I know what to do now. (lol)

•  
    noeldaof

NCBob

It never comes out the same anyway. . . it always comes out deformed!!!  So now I have a few stack of cleaned but deformed hat in the closet.  some memorable ones from trips, but really, it will never be worn again.

Uh guys thaat is the reson for the device to keep it's shape
  •  

bholley
    noeldaof

NCBob

Uh guys thaat is the reson for the device to keep it's shape

Thank you Jedi master.... err FJ hat master, err Master Ambassador, err.....Oh the heck with it.

•  

thomas alston iii

It has always been the staple to wash them in the dishwasher (cup/glass) rack and the let them dry by hanging them on a plastic hanger.

-ICONs for All

i've done that and it works great, except the hats will most likely shrink some.  so over time they become unwearable.

•  

does this really work, i'm a bit scepitical on this one...

•  

BostonBuzza

does this really work, i'm a bit scepitical on this one...

never used it, but yes, i think it does.  i've washed hats in a dish washer and they will come clean.  but they also will tend to shrink.  this device should (at least help) keep that from happening.