cloudburst

cloudburst

•  

Travelled to Houston for business and a round of golf yesterday. It was SUPPOSED to be 60 degrees, but turned out to be 47, cloudy and 75% chance of rain. Luckily, my New FJ Black Performance Sweater and FJ DryJoy rain pants were with me as the clouds opened up and soaked us on the 6th hole. The rain did fill my black ICON BOA shoes with water, but the rest of me was dry as a dry as John Cleese's wit. The shoes are drying out and are expected to make a full recovery.

The FJ Performance Sweater is THE best thing ever created for cold weather golf and the creator deserves a laurel and hearty hand-shake.

•  
    Alrighty! The FJ gear comes through again...
    • 3503 points

"make every day playable." How'd you play, fred?

•  

fredcloss

Travelled to Houston for business and a round of golf yesterday. It was SUPPOSED to be 60 degrees, but turned out to be 47, cloudy and 75% chance of rain. Luckily, my New FJ Black Performance Sweater and FJ DryJoy rain pants were with me as the clouds opened up and soaked us on the 6th hole. The rain did fill my black ICON BOA shoes with water, but the rest of me was dry as a dry as John Cleese's wit. The shoes are drying out and are expected to make a full recovery.

The FJ Performance Sweater is THE best thing ever created for cold weather golf and the creator deserves a laurel and hearty hand-shake.

Were you in Rock Ridge with the welcoming committee? :-)

•  

Fred how did your shoes fill with water?  You can't walk across lakes even if your holding a 1 iron. My DryJoys rarely even get damp in heavy rain.  Spot on about the sweater. I like a mock or base underneath.

•  

wow.  i might have to look in to some FJ rain gear.

how did your shoes get wet?

•  

Don, I put that in there just to see if you'd catch the comment - You did not disappoint me. As for how my shoes got wet, when rain came down, it was HARD and coming from the North. Unfortunately, I was seated in the passenger side and the clubhouse was West - the rain was driving so hard it literally blew water in to my socks and shoes. Anyway, I was even par through 5 holes (1 birdie, 1 bogey). 

•  

fredcloss

Every time I go to Houston it rains, so I don't go there anymore. LOL. Where did you play?

•  

fredcloss

Don, I put that in there just to see if you'd catch the comment - You did not disappoint me. As for how my shoes got wet, when rain came down, it was HARD and coming from the North. Unfortunately, I was seated in the passenger side and the clubhouse was West - the rain was driving so hard it literally blew water in to my socks and shoes. Anyway, I was even par through 5 holes (1 birdie, 1 bogey). 

I received a VHS copy of Blazing Saddles as my very first tape for my first VCR way back in the day. That is one of my favorite movies of all time, have seen it dozens of times. It's definitely one of the top five comedies of all time.

•  

fredcloss

well that makes sense.  but that brings up the next question, what were you doing driving to the club house?!?!?  you were all decked out, should have kept playing.

•  

The rest of the group was NOT wearing Footjoy apparel, but were wishing they had. Even then, it was too wet to play - my bag was filled with water too, it seemed.

•  

hmm.....sounds like you need better friends!  haha.  just kidding.  i've played in tournaments in the rain, but if it's a friendly game, i would have headed in as well.  no fun having to dry out everything in your bag.

•  

Well, now I know why we've had so much rain in Houston this spring.  Fred, please, please, stop visiting until the weather improves.  I've missed too many days of golf already this year.

•  

Ted, I have bad news then..... LOL It looks like I'll be down this week. Want to play?

•  

I'm wearing my Vokey FJ jacket today.  First of the days of rain here.

TT