Time to Layer Up

Time to Layer Up

• 3506 points

Seems as if I am going to be hitting the links for the first round of 2012.

Forecast says 50* but knowing this course, the wind should be blowing quite aggressively which would require me to layer up! How many of you actually have had the opportunity to wear the layers in a round given any weather condition Mother Nature may throw at you?

I'll be bringing along a performance half-zip pullover, performance sweater, (golf shirt obviously) and potentially a wind shirt! 50* is always an awkward temp for me. I can't tell if I am cold or if I am warm. Good thing I will be in a cart to carry all of this gear!

•  

good luck and have fun!  i also hate the 'in-between' temps.  just never know what to wear and you always seem to be either hot or cold.

•  

Hope you can play well and forget the cool conditions. After 3 holes everything will be ok.

• 3506 points

tdogg21

good luck and have fun!  i also hate the 'in-between' temps.  just never know what to wear and you always seem to be either hot or cold.

Exactly. Which is why I will load up the gear and prepare for anything!

•  

No sweat put on a base layer, mock, performance shirt, short sleeve wind breaker.  You will be prepared for anything. If it starts to warm up just take off a layer.  I will be doing the same as it will be about 45 when tee time comes but will get to the high 50's by 18.

• 2661 points

Have fun on the first outing of the year..

•  
    Dz.... I can say the Performance Sweater will keep you toasty. It actually is warm and should keep the wind off of you all day.
    • 3506 points

Tar Heel
    Dz.... I can say the Performance Sweater will keep you toasty. It actually is warm and should keep the wind off of you all day.

I got a round in late last year with one and it worked wonders. I found myself taking it off on the tee for a more "loose" swing. The sweater is my favorite FJ piece along with the half-zip pullover. I wear one of those almost everyday!

And thanks for the good lucks, God knows I need it!

•  

Hope you had fun today.  We had a lot of wind this morning my wisper soft windbreaker did the trick.

•  

dzabkar

Tar Heel

I got a round in late last year with one and it worked wonders. I found myself taking it off on the tee for a more "loose" swing. The sweater is my favorite FJ piece along with the half-zip pullover. I wear one of those almost everyday!

i like half-zip pullovers.  i don't have a FJ one yet, but i'm looking in to them.  can you get the FJ logo on the collar?

•  

tdogg21

dzabkar

Tar Heel

i like half-zip pullovers.  i don't have a FJ one yet, but i'm looking in to them.  can you get the FJ logo on the collar?

I'm a big fan of the half-zip pullovers too.

• 3506 points

Talk about wind! Easily 25+ mph wind gusts. Made the round very interesting and high-scoring. The whole entire time, I was comfortable from head-to-toe in my wind gear and new XPS boa shoes.

The shoes were unreal for balance and stability. Worth every penny.  As for the performance of the half-zip sweater and pull over; nothing else could be said other than perfection. I was warm and still had the ability to swing freely with the layers on...

Chalk another one up to FJ and its outstanding products...

•  

dzabkar

Talk about wind! Easily 25+ mph wind gusts. Made the round very interesting and high-scoring. The whole entire time, I was comfortable from head-to-toe in my wind gear and new XPS boa shoes.

The shoes were unreal for balance and stability. Worth every penny.  As for the performance of the half-zip sweater and pull over; nothing else could be said other than perfection. I was warm and still had the ability to swing freely with the layers on...

Chalk another one up to FJ and its outstanding products...

with winds like that, you need stable shoes!  and warmth and ease of swing is all you can ask out of a performance sweater.  and the good-looks of the FJ line is just the added bonus.

• 418 points

Lucky here in Florida not really a need to layer up....

•  

Horse1

Lucky here in Florida not really a need to layer up....

that is true, but in the north we can play in the middle of the day in august without feeling like we are drowning!