US and Euro Items

US and Euro Items

•  

I am guessing that there are production issues at the root of this question, but why does the US and Euro selection of available items differ so much?  It would seem to reason that if FJ is producing and importing/exporting the items from different parts of the world, that the lines would be very similar....The beanie and golf luggage are two items that come to mind that would seem to be pretty popular items on this side of the pond if they were available here...

•  

Definitely agree about the beanies and luggage...my guess on the luggage is that Titleist already offers similar products so they don't produce them in the U.S. with FJ on it as well.  Hopefully a staffer can provide some more insight into all of this though.

•  

Would it have something to do with style, fit, and preferences in other countries?  Like McDonald's doesn't sell hamburgers in India.

•  

Todd, I'm going to totally defer to FJ on this for their business.

But in most of the business lines I've been in the reasons were usually around where the goods were made and what was most popular in the selling market. Odd as it seems, what we like here isn't necessarily is preferred in the UK or Australia. Plus there is the odd legal requirements that sometimes impacts a specification here or there.

Like all issues that seem small on the surface, there is usually a pretty large (read financial) impact in the equation.

•  

I believe this is related to marketing strategies and benchmarking evaluations. I must confess I have the same feeling related to some of the products you have available in the US market.

However, I suppose we can't invert this situation.

One of the solutions would be to have some of us as local points in each side of the ocean that can manage acquisition and shipping of the products from one to the other side. But, dependent of the product costs, we have the customs taxes that may turn this forbidden.

What do you think?

•  
    I think that they do this because they produce it in America last year then they will send it overseas after they come out with the new stuff
  •  

I would guess it has to do with demand in different areas.  and maybe different business units offering things in different countries.  for example, maybe we get titelist beanies and they get FJ.  don't know, just throwing ideas out there.

•  

My guess would be the demand issues. What we might like here in the states, might not be en vougue in Europe and vice versa. When I took international marketing it was amazing to see the differences in product demand between Mexico and South America - certain colors are taboo in one country, but patriotic in others.

•  

(IMHO) it would be great for business if there was not a restriction on getting "any" of their product.

As we have aluded to, we are willing to seek and purchase but unfortunately are not always provided a means to accomplish the transaction.

"It is good to have friends and family who have access to the things we like."

-ICONs for ALL

•  

unfortunately that would be hard logistically.  they can't really stock all of their products everywhere around the globe.  now maybe if some items had a slight shipping surcharge and longer delivery time, i could understand that.  that might work.

• 2671 points

It's amazing how all of us want what we can't get. Well without some serious hunting. I to would love some of the offerings from the European site.

•  

Zombi

It's amazing how all of us want what we can't get. Well without some serious hunting. I to would love some of the offerings from the European site.

makes you wonder exactly how much stuff people would buy if they had available.  supply and demand at its best!

• 2671 points

I am trying not to think about how much I would buy. It starts to worry me about my clothes and shoe addiction.

•  

Zombi

I am trying not to think about how much I would buy. It starts to worry me about my clothes and shoe addiction.

yeah....some days it's best if i don't even look on-line!

•  

Zombi

One day, someone will see the light!!!

-ICONs for ALL