Footjoy Belt and Belt Buckle

Footjoy Belt and Belt Buckle

•  

So just for fun, I was perusing the Footjoy UK website and noticed that they have a FJ belt with FJ buckle on it listed on their site.  I was wondering if we will see a FJ belt (and more importantly, an FJ belt buckle) released to retail here in the U.S.?  I know special buckles have been given away in contests but was hoping one would become more accessible soon.

•  
    GT This topic has come up many times over the past couple years. So far, the buckle is a contest prize or bonus give away only, and belts pretty much the same. In conversation with some of the FJA, we've talked about adding belts to the MyJoys program, which has been labeled a "maybe" once the apparel launch happens. Given how competition has moved into this space, and also how belts & buckles are a natural for FJ, it seems simply a matter of time. I'll say that we did not see belts/buckles during our product presentation in Chicago, so I can't give you any news at present for 2012. But as they always stress, always a possibility!
  •  

Tar Heel
    GT This topic has come up many times over the past couple years. So far, the buckle is a contest prize or bonus give away only, and belts pretty much the same. In conversation with some of the FJA, we've talked about adding belts to the MyJoys program, which has been labeled a "maybe" once the apparel launch happens. Given how competition has moved into this space, and also how belts & buckles are a natural for FJ, it seems simply a matter of time. I'll say that we did not see belts/buckles during our product presentation in Chicago, so I can't give you any news at present for 2012. But as they always stress, always a possibility!

Adding belts and buckles to the MyJoys program would be awesome, but I also realize it will probably take some time for something like that to get implemented.  I agree with you about the competition moving into the belts/buckles area of apparel, and I'd much prefer to  hold out for the possibility of an FJ buckle than jump to a competitor.  In the mean time, I guess I'll just have to win a contest all the while hoping we'll see them added to retail sooner rather than later.  Thanks for your reply!

•  

You are right GT, FJ has it available in the UK site. However I looked for it in almost all the UK online shops but found nothing.

•  

Just to include a pic from the belt & buckle available in the UK FJ's site.

•  

GT... Please do not jump ship to a competitor if possible, especially if you end up with a fake strap like many offer out there. The 3 stripes guys and swooshers have very basic synthetic straps.... very shaky.

One thing to consider, if you are looking to really "strap it up," is to look at some high end leather makers like Bettinardi. They have several color choices and some buckles that are pricey ($175 each), but full stainless steel and 100% leather. I have a couple of his belts.

Don and TNT have some leathers that are awesome, and I recall some gator prints and maybe a couple other exotics in many colors. Those could be choices as well.

•  

Tar Heel

GT... Please do not jump ship to a competitor if possible, especially if you end up with a fake strap like many offer out there. The 3 stripes guys and swooshers have very basic synthetic straps.... very shaky.

One thing to consider, if you are looking to really "strap it up," is to look at some high end leather makers like Bettinardi. They have several color choices and some buckles that are pricey ($175 each), but full stainless steel and 100% leather. I have a couple of his belts.

Don and TNT have some leathers that are awesome, and I recall some gator prints and maybe a couple other exotics in many colors. Those could be choices as well.

No need to worry, I have no intention to game any belt buckle other than an FJ buckle...which is why for the time being I will continue to be buckle-less!  I may step up my belts to a top end one like you describe in the near future, but if there is a MyJoys belt feature in the future I won't have to do that either.

•  

Wow, this has made me really want both of those belts and buckles now, and I really do need a new belt for the season too!

Who else wants a new contest/sweepstakes very soon?!?

•  

kab012345

Wow, this has made me really want both of those belts and buckles now, and I really do need a new belt for the season too!

I always want a new contest, especially if it involves winning stuff you can't buy!

•  

i would want a FJ buckle

•  

golferdrmjr

kab012345

I always want a new contest, especially if it involves winning stuff you can't buy!

Looks like we got it! Enter to win the XPS-1 and some other cool stuff. :-)

• 26 points

For those of you in the Massachusetts Area, the new Titleist owned Pro Shop at Stow Acres Country Club actually has a few, very few and probably out by now, Footjoy belts in stock.  I was there last weekend, I work there in the summer, and they had three in stock, finally one in my size, so I bought one.  So last I knew they are down to 2 but they have been carrying them.

•  

Soulim, thanks for the update and welcome to the community.  If you look at next years catalog, you will see a few more belts coming into the line up that look great.

•  

My brother in law informed me that his club manager in Tennessee was ordering them for their pro shop......asked them to ship me one in each color in my size when they arrive..........waiting to get the word on their arrival..........nice to have a good brother in law.......

•  

Chuck, you will not be dissapointed once they arrive.  He sounds like quite a good friend too.