Playing in the rain...finish the round or hit the 19th hole?

Playing in the rain...finish the round or hit the 19th hole?

• 109 points

So it has been raining for the past month up here in the Northeast and I've had to ask myself this question far too many times than I care to remember.  What do you guys think?

•  

If it's a downpour, I'll probably call it a day. Otherwise, throw on the rain gear and bust out the umbrella.

As a weekend warrior who can only sneak in the ocassional mid-week round, I'm getting the round in at just about any cost.

•  

In any kind of competition...finish the round.

Just a casual round, probably go to the 19th hole!

•  

I agree with MD. If I have the gear and there's no lightning, I'm playing on. With a 1-year-old at home, rounds are few and far between right now, so if I get to play, I'm fighting till I hear the bell!

"Yo, Tommy. I didn't hear no bell." - Rocky V

•  

I say it depends where I am playing.  If its at my course and its a downpour i'm heading in.  If it happens while i'm traveling i'm not stopping for anything because more than likely its a course that I wont return to anytime soon.

•  

If I was smart enough to bring my outerwear, I may continue.  If it's raining real hard and I'm without my rain gear, I'm heading in.

•  

downpours and lightning, head in and see if it will blow over.

otherwise,  PLAY ON McDUFF

• 263 points

I grew up playing high school golf in Wisconsin so I am quite used to playing in rain, and even snow, in the spring season! With a FootJoy rain jacket and pants, I was ready to play in anything short of a hurricane!

•  

I'm with the "guys with kids" group.  Unless there is lightning, I'm playing.  My rain gear works just fine.

Totally agree with all of the above...unless there's lighning in the area...keep playing.  If you've got great rain gear...you'll be dry when you're done.

•  

I always tell the people that I am playing with, "I didn't spend all of this money on rain gear not to use it!"  A little rain never hurt anyone.  Adverse conditions can add a certain bit of excitment to a round and make you focus a little bit more.

Tim

•  

Agree with all above, a little rain never hurt anyone as long as there is no lightning. there is always time for the 19th hole when you are done.

•  

Grab the rain gear and head to the course.  I just played in the rain on Sunday... if it isn't lightning and it isn't gale force winds, I will be out.  I found out the easy way I won't melt from a little water, plus my FJ rain suit keeps me as dry as if I never went out at all.

•  

Not always fun, but have to continue the round.  With a little one at home, rounds are not that often.

•  

The group would dictate - if I'm by myself I would keep going.  If it's a group of the guys and it would be just as well to catch up, I'll head in if that's the group consensus.