FJ Rain Shorts

FJ Rain Shorts

• 1567 points

Wondering if anyone out there in FJ community owns or has owned a pair of FJ rain shorts?  Seemsto be some good deals online out there but I'm still not convinced I need a pair.  Any thoughts?

•  

Hmm,

I don't have a pair but I see how they could be useful. I only had rain pants to wear over shorts in a tournament and it got very hot because of the humidity.

•  

I'm so confused here. There was talk awhile ago of a short sleeve rain shirt. If it's raining, what's the point of wearing half a shirt or half pants? To me if it's raining, I want all of my body dry, not just half of it. Just doesn't make any since to me at all. Might as well buy some gloves with the fingers cut off as well!!!!!!!!!!

•  

I only were the longies..... If it rains, I'm covering up 100%.

•  

I've not tried the rain shorts, but can see that they might be handy during a summer rain, when the temp is high, but it's wet, wet, wet.  Long rain pants are usually much too warm and all I'm looking for is dry rear end and pockets.

•  
    Louisville icon

Wondering if anyone out there in FJ community owns or has owned a pair of FJ rain shorts?  Seemsto be some good deals online out there but I'm still not convinced I need a pair.  Any thoughts?

Could have used them Saturday morning!!! My issue is that you dont need rain gear in my gear 90% of the time. But when it's iffy and you get caught you better hope you packed your FJ gear!
  •  

I had that view, but will be buying a pair for Hawaii! The rain showers I hear are not that long and it'll still be 80 degrees out!

Tar Heel

I only were the longies..... If it rains, I'm covering up 100%.

•  

I own a FJ Dry Joys rain pants that the lower legs sipper off to create rain shorts. Never used them that way, however. It seems to me if it's raining enough to wear rain gear, you'd want to keep your socks dry too.

•  

Nelbass

I'm so confused here. There was talk awhile ago of a short sleeve rain shirt. If it's raining, what's the point of wearing half a shirt or half pants? To me if it's raining, I want all of my body dry, not just half of it. Just doesn't make any since to me at all. Might as well buy some gloves with the fingers cut off as well!!!!!!!!!!

The grip and hands are a different story.  Slick hands produce crazy shots. 

There's an old ski saying that cotton kills.  It gets wet and stays wet.  Since we need to wear shirts and shorts golfing (no intentions of arguing that rule) I don't see the need to cover up from wrists to ankles unless it's chilly.  The jacket keeps my shirts, generally cotton, from getting wet.  Walking a couple of hours in soaking wet shorts sounds awful as well.  Rain shorts make some sense.

•  

Wouldnt bother me if socks got wet while playing some place that was hot and humid; and a quck shower came through, as you'd dry off pretty quickly!

fredcloss

I own a FJ Dry Joys rain pants that the lower legs sipper off to create rain shorts. Never used them that way, however. It seems to me if it's raining enough to wear rain gear, you'd want to keep your socks dry too.

•  

i dont i just have rain pants and i dont even ware them

•  
    Shorts came in handy yesterday during a five minute storm, at minimum they'll keep rump dry while jumping and out of cart!
    • 3 points

Rain Shorts are GREAT.  But their only real value is to keep your pant area dry from the wet cart seats when it is raining hard enough to keep the seats wet but not hard enough to halt play.  It is a lot more fun playing in dry underwear.

• 5856 points

Billy Barroo
    Rain Shorts are GREAT.  But their only real value is to keep your pant area dry from the wet cart seats when it is raining hard enough to keep the seats wet but not hard enough to halt play.  It is a lot more fun playing in dry underwear.

"It is a lot more fun playing in dry underwear" Couldn't have said it better.

•  

I have the premiers rain pants that the legs are removable for shorts.  I wore them for three days in Hot Springs in the rain and they were perfect.  Allows for the heat to be released  and you still stay dry.

TT