Disaster!!!

Disaster!!!

•  
    So sporting my new purple and white stripe lisle today at work and what happens??? Red sharpie the size of a dime on the front!! Heart broken.......
  •  

That's too bad, justinu3.  I feel for you.  My new (2 weeks) car got hit by a deer while I was on my way to play in a tournament.  At least the shirt got shown off once at work in a pristine condition.

•  

So that is heartbreaking. I have a possible solution for you. I have done this on other fabrics, but you have to be careful and not use too much. Place several layers of white paper towels under the stain. Take a small piece of cotton cloth and put a small amount of Laquer thinner on it and press this against the stain. Before you do this, try just using a little bit of this solution on some place on the material first to make sure that it will not harm the shirt. If there is no reaction from the laquer thinner on the material go ahead and use it. Make sure that you change the location of the towels  and rotate the cotton cloth   to avoid using the same area for the thinner and absorbing towels. It may take a few times and blotting of the stain, but it should come out. Wash the shirt then in warm water to remove any residue of the thinner and treat the stain again with a oxygen type bleach and that should do the job.

•  

Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. :/

•  

Justin - I feel for you.  That just plain stinks!

Good suggestion Eagle.  If all else fails, bring the jersey to the cleaners - they have lots of specialty chemicals that might do the trick.  

•  

Great suggestion... i'll talk to a cleaner first I guess just to see since thats their thing.

:-(

•  

Justin

You can also try this. First take a small amount of Coke and put it on a clean rag. Dab it lightly and see if it takes the stain out. Coke has acidic properties that break down some different things like this.

The other is you can soak the shirt in a bucket with water and OXI. That stuff has taken pen stains and other ink based marks out of shirts for me before.

These are a couple of alternatives. Oh yeah, whatever you do.... DO NOT put the shirt in a dryer until the stain is out completely. Heat will set the stain.

• 2180 points

Tar Heel

DO NOT put the shirt in a dryer until the stain is out completely. Heat will set the stain.

Yes, I just found this out the hard way with a brand spanking new titleist hat. I didnt have it in the dryer, but outside to dry and it got around 100* the other day. I had part of the stain out. Now i keep trying different things and doesnt seem to help :(

•  

That's awful and I feel your pain.  I keep some of those shout wipes for when I inevitably spill something on a new tie or a new golf shirt.  They work really well if the stain is fresh.  Worst comes to worst you've got a great shirt to wear under a jacket or vest...

•  

SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR PROBLEM.

THIS FORUM IS GREAT,,,YOU HAVE SEVERAL GREAT IDEAS FROM THE FOLKS,,,HOPE ONE OF THEM DOES THE JOB FOR YOU.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO GOOGLE THE MFGR. OF THE PEN AND SEE IF THEY HAVE SUGGESTIONS.

•  

Those are definitely some great ideas to remove stains that I'll have to store away for the future.