IJP Gear

IJP Gear

•  

Hi guys, looking for some insight - I know a few of you have some of Ian Poulter's clothing line.  Question is this, for anyone who owns the shorts or trousers:

Do they fit very true to size?  Some companies, golf and otherwise you may as well throw out the size, and just want to get it right the first time I order.  Any insight?

Thanks!

•  

Hi Welch,

For me, the trousers I received fit a lot smaller than I'm used to, but that's not surprising considering European cut clothing tends to fit smaller. I normally wear 34x34 but had to have the pants let out about 1.5"! Not a good feeling for the ol' self confidence, but they fit excellent when I got them back. So I would suggest going up maybe two sizes in the waist and you can always tailor to meet your needs. His clothing feels and wears exceptionally well and the material is definitely top notch. I have a sweater that fits true to size and it's my new favorite. Love his stuff!

Hope this helps.

Chris

•  
    Chris Garrett

Hi Welch,

For me, the trousers I received fit a lot smaller than I'm used to, but that's not surprising considering European cut clothing tends to fit smaller. I normally wear 34x34 but had to have the pants let out about 1.5"! Not a good feeling for the ol' self confidence, but they fit excellent when I got them back. So I would suggest going up maybe two sizes in the waist and you can always tailor to meet your needs. His clothing feels and wears exceptionally well and the material is definitely top notch. I have a sweater that fits true to size and it's my new favorite. Love his stuff!

Hope this helps.

Chris

Chris, Have you tried the polo shirts? Was on the IJP website today and they have some great items on sale. I tend to wear Nike polos so wondering how the IJP items fit in reference to Nike. Thanks, Shaun
  •  

Chris!!! You're killing me! You must watch out for those euro sizes, because they are just so different than anything here.

I travel to Italy a bunch, and I stopped buying clothes over there (talk about a killer) because nothing fit. No matter what I bought I had to pay to have it altered here in the US. It's one of the reasons, while I love IJP's line, I'm quite scared to buy anything, especially trousers.

•  

I do not own a pair of IJP trousers.  I am looking into buying a pair.  I had the same question.  I was able to get information from David at IJP(david.noel@ijpdesign.com).  I gave him my waist measurement and he let me know what size would work.  I normally wear 32x32 and that was what he recommended for me based on measurement I gave him.

Measure your favorite pair of pants (waist, hip and mid-thigh).  Then ask them what size this would be in their pants.  I have done this before when ordering items online.

•  

Chris, did you send the pants back to IJP Design or have them let out through a local shop?  Just curious if IJP Design does that or not (if so, is there a fee?).

•  

Thanks guys.  I'm going for the shorts, so not so worried about the thigh fit or length.  Really it's because I'm generally a little between sizes, but I think I"ll just opt for the bigger one and be in good shape!

•  

Good idea Welch.  I think it's better you are able to button them and have to wear your belt a little tight rather than not be able to button them and have a useless pair of shorts.

Let us know which pair you decide to go with.  He has a lot of great designs.

• 1232 points

I have a pair of John Daly's Loud Mouth shorts and i love the way the fit and how comfortable they are.  I wouldnt mind getting a pair of poulter design shorts but i am leary also about the european fit for as i hate pants and shorts that feel tight around my legs

•  

shaun13
    Chris Garrett

Hi Welch,

Hope this helps.

Chris

Chris, Have you tried the polo shirts? Was on the IJP website today and they have some great items on sale. I tend to wear Nike polos so wondering how the IJP items fit in reference to Nike. Thanks, Shaun

Hey Shaun,

I actually purchased a few  of the IJP Tour shirts before the holiday. I would say the polos run a little smaller than what we typically find here in the US.  His stuff is definitely more of a european cut, which is a bit more athletic/slimmer. I usually wear size large and bought one large shirt and one XL. I like the fit of the large but found the length was a bit shorter which means more time tucking in the shirt. The XL fits a little big but it still works for me. Other than that, the shirts are really sharp and I love being able to grab the versions with the Tour logo on the collar.

- MD

•  

MD - It's always nice to have the Tour version of things... I like the IJP look on the collars as well.  Did you go with traditional colors or IJP-esque style?

•  

I went a little conservative this time around and stuck with more traditional colors. Most of the Tour Collection sale items were not as flashy as the other gear but there may be some more flash in future orders.

•  

md7716

shaun13
    Chris Garrett

Hi Welch,

Hope this helps.

Chris

Hey Shaun,

I actually purchased a few  of the IJP Tour shirts before the holiday. I would say the polos run a little smaller than what we typically find here in the US.  His stuff is definitely more of a european cut, which is a bit more athletic/slimmer. I usually wear size large and bought one large shirt and one XL. I like the fit of the large but found the length was a bit shorter which means more time tucking in the shirt. The XL fits a little big but it still works for me. Other than that, the shirts are really sharp and I love being able to grab the versions with the Tour logo on the collar.

- MD

MD,

Would you say they are similar to the Nike polos? They tend to run a little slimmer in my opinion then say Addidas.

Shaun

•  

I would say even a bit slimmer. The fit is close to J. Lindeberg.

•  

Need to hit the gym for a bit longer for sure in that case. Thanks MD.