Getting Cooler- So What About???

Getting Cooler- So What About???

•  

This weekend the fall hit here in Southwest Michigan. Donned my ProDry Mock with a bit of UA Cold Gear underneath and headed out yesterday for a round. With the wind it wasn't too warm, so the SS Rain Pullover finally sealed the deal, and I was able to proceed without getting cold.

The FJ combo once again did the trick, but it made me think...

How about adding a sweater to the line up that is lined for the wind. This sweater could be a zip front mock and feature the FJ logo on the back. Thinking that it's a bit dressier than a rain pullover and a tad warmer than a wind pullover as well. Basic colors (black, navy, red, light blue) and I think you have a winner! 

•  

I wasn't thinking that same thing yesterday as I was watching Turning Stone.  It would be nice to have a more traditional looking FJ sweater - maybe some sort of cotton type material. 

•  

Sunny, no wind and 65 here in Lincoln yesterday.  Best day for golf I've had for some time.  Just a nice pair of trousers and a polo for me.  Wednesday is going to be great too, Sunny and 70.  I am afraid from there, I think it's going to get worse.

I have seen something like this made by Mizuno.  I don't know if it's FJs style per say though.  Would be cool, as would almost anything FJ.

•  

Love the idea of a lined zip mock sweather. Played last thursday here in Milwaukee and it was not cold enough for a full jacket, but not warm enough to go without something. The sweater would fit the bill and could be worn off the course as well.

•  

We had low 60's and light rain yesterday. 

Wore my DryJoys Jacket and stayed warm and dry. Will have to stock the truck with my cold weather gear pretty soon.

•  

I like the idea Tar Heel...recently acquired a fleece FJ pullover (DryJoy) that has the same lining as the Dry Joy jackets...found it on ebay...

This thing works just like the Mizuno except it is not a sweater but a pull over jacket...fleece outside...I was suprised at this find as I had never seen it before.

It has some sort of Italian name to it and is very very nice, if you can find it I'd suggest picking it up.

•  

Mondo,

Is it something like either of these made by FJ?  I really like the red one.

•  

EM, thanks for the photos. While I like these, they are more "fleece jacket" types. What I am thinking about is literally a sweater (merino wool) with a lining like a rain jacket or perhaps the wind pullover. The sweater looks dressier than what you have shown, and the windstopping lining makes it warmer than a plain old sweater.

I have seen the items shown here. They are indeed nice but remind me more of a North Face type jacket, with a more extreme weather feel. I actually have the vest version of this on my "wish list."

•  

Very similar to the one on the right, mine is in a navy color, very comfortable just like all my Dry Joy jackets but fleece ---

was the name of the item I purchased.  Found it on ebay at a great price for a FJ DryJoy product.

•  

Looking  at all the different ideas is very interesting. All I ever wear in the colder weather is a cotton mock turtleneck shirt under a polo shirt of moisture wicking type material. Over that is a good windbreaker, either short-sleeved or long, depending on the wind conditons. Haven't gotten into the FJ lineup of clothing too heavily as I have most of what I need already and seem to be fairly resistant to the colder weather and chilling. The only time I really get cold is if it is windy and very damp out, then it is time to go to a heavier jacket when golfing

•  

+1 on the sweater idea.

What about it Mike/Chris...any thoughts on something like this?

•  

I, personally wouldn't wear a sweater on the course but that's just me.  I like where they are now, you think of FJ and you know what products they have and represent, might be difficult to jump into this category.

There are a lot of options for cashmere or wool sweaters outside FJ (large market).  You have POLO Golf, Cremuix, Lacoste, Mizuno, Adidas, Nike, Burberry... etc, I don't know if FJ has a place for this type of product, doesn't really seem to blend with what they offer in general...

Would like to hear from Mike/Chris though, always an interesting topic when we want them to jump into a new category of products.

•  

Eric, I agree with you. sweaters are not the thing forFJ to get into. First of all, most are too warm to wear and constrict movement. they are almost like the compression garments out there. Plus, there are more than enough makers out there for everyone.

•  

I think something in the product line of the Mizuno sweater lined for warmth and protection from the rain is not a far stretch from the current inventory by FJ.

While expanding too quickly tends to cause businesses problems...I don't think FJ would do anything without careful consideration.

• 2927 points

These would be nice