What do you think about a MyJoy belt?

What do you think about a MyJoy belt?

• 4775 points

With all the pending colors and textures available for ICON MyJoys wouldn't it be cool if the same material was used for belts?  No more searching for a belt that perfectly matches.  I think a red belt would be great with those black/red asymmetricals we have seem pictures of.  To the FJ staff, has this idea been kicked around or is it even possible to produce this and keep it in a decent price range? 

•  

Could be an interesting idea. I normally just stick to my basic plain black Brooks Brothers belt. It seems to go with pretty much anything.

Also, according to "Mr. Style" I am a bit too old for a white belt....

•  

I think this is a great idea, but like you said - it might be hard to keep the price point in a good range. 

•  

I think it would be a nice extension of the FJ line. And not just limit it to MyJoys. A complete line of belts that could be worn with pride doesn't have to be that extensive to still meet the needs of those fashion hungry guys out there. If you did want a custom belt to match your shoes, maybe that would be where the MyJoys line could come in.

•  

I love the idea, and would like to propose it this way....

Have the choice of a couple colors (White, Black, Brown, ???). Then you can add a buckle. This is where you could really add some "zing" to the mix. How about a white belt with a black and red FJ buckle? Or a Silver and blue FJ buckle? This whole color thing can be managed if done right, so I think FJ can pull it off.

Start small, guage the opportunity, and then go!

•  

I'd like some colorful reptile prints on my belt.  Don't necessarily need the big FJ buckle, but some nice reptiles could be the ticket for me.

•  

Hi guys ...

Thanks for all the comments.  We agree that matching belts would be a very cool idea.

We have had belts available in the FJ line before ... mostly basic colors, simple reptile prints with/without concho hardware.

In a MyJoys belt scenario, the belts would have be made 'on the fly'.  We would need to use the same raw materials (calfskin and full grain leathers) and build the matching belts at the same time.  The best part about MyJoys from a OEM standpoint is that we only manufacture products when we have orders, resulting in no closeouts and unwanted finished goods.  

That said, our shoe factory, while absolutely brilliant at making shoes (and only FJ shoes) is just that ... a shoe factory.  As we talked about yesterday with 19hole during his visit, making belts is not rocket science, but still requires an investment in machinery, people and training.  

At FJ, we never do anything half way, so if we were to ever do this, we would only launch it when we know we have made the best quality product we can.  No promises at this point, but we will certainly take the feedback you have been providing and see where it takes us.  

Keep the comments coming!  

Regards,

ML

•  

Mike, Thanks for the info on the belts. I hope that maybe in the near future, FJ will again start making belts. It would be a nice addition to the line if the demand were there. I, for one, would order.

•  

LOVE the idea of the MyJoy belt....

•  

Thanks Mike, I'm glad you covered for me on this one. I really didn't report the answer to this question as well as you did here!

• 4775 points

Mike,

Thanks for the response and consideration.  I am always looking for ways to uphold my reputation at my club for dressing stylish.  (Of the over 20 pairs of golf pants I own only a couple are solids.)  I am excited about the upcoming MyJoy ICONS and began thinking that it would be neat to have a exact matching belt to compliment the shoes.  The picture of Charle Hoffman comparing his glove with the green leather sample on the slide show at the Deutsche Bank Championship got me thinking in this direction.  I could only imagine the cost FJ would have to incur up front to enter the custom belt making business.  But hey, you never know!!! 

•  

I think a belt would be a great idea.  With all the possibilities it would be a lot of fun to mix and match colors with MyJoy shoes.  It would also nice to be able to order them in different widths if you guys decide to do it.

•  

FJ needs to add a belt to the custom site since I prefer to coordinate my belt and shoes like many other particular golfers....that being said the ability to order a matching belt at the same time as custom shoes would definitely be worth the extra cost!

Who do we need to email in order to get this idea moving along ?

•  

Mike

Nice reply and much appreciated. It will really be a cool deal if this can come to pass one day.

•  

Chris92009

FJ needs to add a belt to the custom site since I prefer to coordinate my belt and shoes like many other particular golfers....that being said the ability to order a matching belt at the same time as custom shoes would definitely be worth the extra cost!

Who do we need to email in order to get this idea moving along ?

Hi Chris - 

Please see my response above.  Adding a brand new product to a mass customization program takes time.  We hear the interest, we need time to look into it.

Regards,

ML