Lisle vs. Pique

Lisle vs. Pique

• 667 points

I think I know this.  Is Lisle a thinner material than Pique?  Pique being more of a knit type fabric?  Thanks.

•  

The lisle shirts have a smoother finish and might be a little lighter in weight.  Both are knit fabrics.  I have both and prefer the lisle.  

•  

The Lisle fabric is a bit more polished feeling with a tighter fabric, with the Pique having more of a textured weave as you stated Runchr.

I have a wide assortment of both, but my favorite is by far the Lisle fabric, mostly because the shirt also comes in stretch styles featuring the stand up collar. That combination is my favorite. by far.

•  

The Lisle is a much more smooth material where the pique has more of a texture to it.  By your comments, it looks like the difference is just as you indicate.

•  

The pique works better with khaki

• 667 points

Yep that is what I thought.  I am currently wearing a white Pique shirt at work.

Thanks for the confirmation.

•  

Tar Heel
    The Lisle fabric is a bit more polished feeling with a tighter fabric, with the Pique having more of a textured weave as you stated Runchr.

I have a wide assortment of both, but my favorite is by far the Lisle fabric, mostly because the shirt also comes in stretch styles featuring the stand up collar. That combination is my favorite. by far.

Per the usual, Voss is spot on. I will add that the lisle features more of a silky feel. The pique is more breathable though and the one I will gravitate towards.  

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Tar HeelThe Lisle fabric is a bit more polished feeling with a tighter fabric, with the Pique having more of a textured weave as you stated Runchr.

Per the usual, Voss is spot on. I will add that the lisle features more of a silky feel. The pique is more breathable though and the one I will gravitate towards.

Best "non-paid employee" ever!

Personally, the silky smooth Lisle is my numero uno choice.

•  

Lisle is the only way I'll go, unless the other materials design is just that cool!

•  

bholley
    The pique works better with khaki

THE COLOR OR THE MATERIAL,?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OH NO,,,NOT THAT AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,LOL,LOL.

• 1812 points

I wear both.  Prefer pique if it's a solid, lisle for any pattern.  

If it's on sale, I'm not picky.

•  

No vs they are both great shirt and I like both.

• 1776 points

I like them all but the Lisle is my favorite.

•  

Worth noting that the pique is slightly better for wicking moisture. It "hides" sweat a lot better.

•  

Chris Garrett
    Worth noting that the pique is slightly better for wicking moisture. It "hides" sweat a lot better.

I never sweat my friend......