Hydrolite Rain Pants

Hydrolite Rain Pants

• 2485 points

I am looking for a rain pant for use in warmer temperatures and this would seem to be the pant.  I am wondering if it has pockets- how many and location?  Any on seam or only on back?  

• 4795 points

I really like my Hydrolites. Pockets: two in the front with zippered reach throughs, one in the R Rear. My temperature limit is 45 degrees with no wind, 50 with wind. If rain is forecasted or it is a cool day; I just wear the hydrolites with an underlayer. They are light weight, block the wind, and are rain resistant enough for me. If it is raining hard enough for me to get wet in the Hydrolites I go in.

• 2485 points

Thanks Mark.  I like that they are a lighter weight since I carry my clubs and the less weight the better.  May I ask about sizing when wearing say shorts (or pants) -- any issue with waist and fit over pants or shorts?  Did you buy a size larger say for example - I'm a waist 34 should I get a Medium or large?   One item for clarification is that you use the term "rain resistant" -- i thought they are waterproof not just water resistant?  Someone hopefully can clarify that for me, website says waterproof so maybe its just your terminology.  

•  

Pony
    Thanks Mark.  I like that they are a lighter weight since I carry my clubs and the less weight the better.  May I ask about sizing when wearing say shorts (or pants) -- any issue with waist and fit over pants or shorts?  Did you buy a size larger say for example - I'm a waist 34 should I get a Medium or large?   One item for clarification is that you use the term "rain resistant" -- i thought they are waterproof not just water resistant?  Someone hopefully can clarify that for me, website says waterproof so maybe its just your terminology.

The HydroLite pant is waterproof.

• 4795 points

Pony

They are Waterproof. I have never had water soak through them. I have a 34" waist and I bought a size large, they fit over pants and shorts.

•  

Pony

I just added HydroLite to my bag. I got a Large (my waist is 38) and they are fine for use over shorts. Perfect length for me (33-34). There are 3 pockets; back, and two sides on seam. The right pocket has a zipper to allow access to your pants/shorts pocket. FJ logos on the leg and back pocket!

These will do the trick for 80% of players out there who continue on in the rain. If you intend to play in extreme rain, where you're out in it for 18 holes of steady rain, I might encourage you to get the step up pants. I don't say that because of a lack of heft or quality. These will do fine and manage the weather. But I have seen the DryJoys pant and those have the upgrades necessary if you plan to play in more extreme rains.

Good luck.