MyJoy Rain Gear

MyJoy Rain Gear

• 1979 points

Has FJ ever thought about adding Rain Gear to MyJoy? I think it would be a great program to allow the consumer's to be able to pick what color's they would like on there rain Jacket's. Just something I've been thinking about for awhile. What are your thought's on this?

•  

I feel like it would be a lot more difficult to do than shoes.  Different manufacturing process and adding different colors that can be changed, might be cost prohibitive.

•  

I agree that it would be a neat idea to customize a jacket, but I question whether people would be willing to pay a significant premium for the ability to do so, or if would even be cost effective at all to offer this.  You would be going to a custom process from a standardized one and the cost, logistics, process, etc. would change dramatically.

•  

Would be pretty sweet.  Not sure how much demand though....

•  

Great idea, but it would be like purchasing a tailored suit versus buying one off the rack.  Don't think it would be practical for FJ to do this.  You can purchase online FootJoy DryJoys Premiere Golf Rain Jacket MSRP $800 for $599.  Using that price as an example, think that is the direction the costs would be headed.   I agree with tdogg21.  Personally I am comfortable with the current pricing and selection the FJ offers in their rain gear.  :-)  

•  

Very tough sell. Think about the upcharges and then how many people would buy the stuff. Doing "My Stuff" is a wonderful, but very intensive program for a company. Think about this...

How many firms have a MyJoys type program?

How many do it really well?

It's just a bear to manage, and it becomes too big and looses it's appeal and becomes noise.

• 1988 points

Very good idea.   But as stated before me, would be extremely tough to manage.  

• 5205 points

Tar Heel
    Very tough sell. Think about the upcharges and then how many people would buy the stuff. Doing "My Stuff" is a wonderful, but very intensive program for a company. Think about this...

How many firms have a MyJoys type program?

How many do it really well?

It's just a bear to manage, and it becomes too big and looses it's appeal and becomes noise.

I am surprised that MyJoys can be done for the slight upcharge and still maintain the margin FJ needs.

I think it would cool to have MyJoys Outer wear though.

• 1957 points

Like the others, it would be cool to have something other than basic black.  But how often do you golf in the rain?  

Most of the time if it's bad enough to require rain gear, the local courses close.  9 times out of 10, I wear my rain gear when I walk my dogs.  Not exactly what it was designed for...