Plaid Pants Matching?

Plaid Pants Matching?

•  

Okay guys (and gals).  I picked up a pair of these and I  know Tim D has them too.

Is the rule to wear solids with these?  Pencil Stripe shirts count?  What colors.  Randy, I'm looking at you!

•  

This one is tough, but I always go solid shirt with a patterned pant.  Looking forward to some of the combinations!

•  

I would go with solids on these.  I have this pair and the blk/gray ones too.  These were on sale for $29....a huge savings from the listing of $125

•  

Solid blue polo that matches the stripe, don't forget the blue strap!

•  

The blue polo with the single, wide chest stripe would be OK if the chest stripe works with the colors in the pants. Otherwise, solid.

At one of the tournaments I managed last year, my eyes literally hurt because so many of the guys showed up in what they thought were great outfits from Swoosh or Three Stripes. Tons of bold striped shirts with plaid shorts. Fashion. Disaster.

•  

Ah Justin, it's tough to have to answer these questions!

Yesterday to the office I wore the Black version of these with a pencil stripe shirt (Black/Purple) and a black merino vest to break up the patterns. But I wouldn't have worn the shirt without the vest.

The general rule is to wear solids with the glen plaid, though that rule has been pretty much exploded when you look at mens dress fashion. Millar, Hilfiger, Lauren and others all have gone to checks with patterns and glen plaids. But there is always a solid with one major piece to anchor the whole look.

So..... I'd say you are safe with a pencil stripe shirt if you have a solid sweater/pullover on (with no plans to remove it). Otherwise stay with a solid shirt.

Back to you....

•  

I would recommend the light blue ProDry Pique Shirt.  MSRP is $54.  

•  

BostonBuzza
    I would go with solids on these.  I have this pair and the blk/gray ones too.  These were on sale for $29....a huge savings from the listing of $125

Sombody jumped on the Rockbottom sale.....that was a great buy......great looking slacks.....solid shirt with matching belt, shoes and hat.......

•  

at $29 for a pair, I couldn't go wrong.  I just wish they had the other 2 available too.

•  

AWESOME deal!  Thanks to Tim for letting me know!  Too good to pass up.

thanks for the tips Randy (and Dallin)

•  

Solids only with patterned slacks.

•  

You will look great with a solid.

•  

I have them as well and will only wear solid shirts.

TT

•  

I have to agree - solids only with the glen plaid.  Suggest you add a FJ Performance vest to the outfit...

• 2507 points

Solids  with the plaid or mostly solid with a stripe up higher on shirt as long as solid next to pants would work.  Although if you wear a sweater or vest in a solid the shirt could be a small stripe.