White Belts Out?

White Belts Out?

•  

I was listening to PGA tour radio on xm and the fashion editor from golf digest remarked that white belts are out and colors are in...any thoughts?

• 1382 points

Thank god.  

•  

Wear what you like.  I've got some white belts that I'm gonna rock forever.  I also have a lot of colored belts.  Just keep it fresh!!

•  

I wear a white belt from time to time, even though the "waist size" limit is exceeded. I also wear many colored belts. Frankly, don't see white going away.

• 5331 points

I agree that white belts will stick around as well as all of the other colors.  It really depends upon what the remainder of your outfit looks like.  I have to keep the white belts around since I "had" to acquire white loafers to wear on the way to the golf course on the days I am wearing a white belt!

•  

Glad I don't listen to him!!!!! I wear any color anytime!

• 4178 points

White belts and plain fronts are as extinct as a T rex

• 2394 points

If you watch the Tour you still see white belts as well as colored belts so either I presume that you well see both all season.  I also wear ribbon belts and not sure where those fall in the in or out spectrum.   If that was Mr Hackel I am not totally sold on his predictions of style so not really going to be overly concerned.  

•  

That may be the fashion editor's opinion, but have you watched any of the tour events this year?  Lots of white belts, and a few colored belts.

•  

I wear what I want. I would wear colors if I had them but most of my shoes have white in them so I just roll with that. I exceed the waist size but oh well, haven't ran into anyone who cares.

•  

Just when my local pro is going to get me an DRUH white snake at the PGA Show.

I'll be like Randy - wear the belt from time to time.

•  

I'm with Josh - wear what YOU like and, if you are going to wear white shoes, what's wrong with a white belt?

•  

The fashion editor from Golf Digest has hated white belts for years.  I'd say it's been at least three years I've been reading "articles" with him criticizing white belts and how awful they look.  But every year you see just as many white belts.  So I think that statement has more to do with his personal preference than it does any style changes.

With that being said, I don't think white belts are out as much as colored belts are becoming more popular.  You could just as easily say black belts are out because guys are wearing them less.  When in reality, it's simply because they are taking advantage of more readily available options out there.  I still have a couple white belts and I won't hesitate to wear them.  But I will admit they will probably get worn less as I add more accent colors to my belts.

•  

Sorry, but the white belt will stay in my closet.  Have a number of white shirts for the summer and a few white shoes and shorts.....they have been around since, whenever and do not see them going away.....style is whatever you want it to be......

•  

who cares what they are all saying.  Where your white belts with pride and play well.