FJ Lisle Pencil Stripe Sizing

FJ Lisle Pencil Stripe Sizing

• 688 points

Reading reviews about the FJ Lisle Pencil Stripe, several contributors said they run about a size larger. I'm 5'6" 160 lbs. No problem with a medium?

•  

RMH49
    Reading reviews about the FJ Lisle Pencil Stripe, several contributors said they run about a size larger. I'm 5'6" 160 lbs. No problem with a medium?

You would 100% need a small.

•  

They run about a size larger.

Like DG said above, go with the small.

TT

•  

I agree with the rest.  I'm 6'5" 200 and I wear a large in FJ shirts.

• 688 points

Thanks. Most helpful

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    RMH49Reading reviews about the FJ Lisle Pencil Stripe, several contributors said they run about a size larger. I'm 5'6" 160 lbs. No problem with a medium? You would 100% need a small.

Devin always says get a small. He likes the Euro look.....

• 1141 points

Get a XXL, and if you do not like it, then give it to me.  hahahaha.  They do run a full size big.  Hope you like them.

• 688 points

Makes it a bit difficult to order on line if some fit normal and others need to drop a size. I just purchased four Pique polos from my local golf store that fit fine (full cut) then purchase one on line that runs large.

•  

RMH49
    Makes it a bit difficult to order on line if some fit normal and others need to drop a size. I just purchased four Pique polos from my local golf store that fit fine (full cut) then purchase one on line that runs large.

Was the tag stitched on in the back of the shirt that runs large? If not that shirt is about 2 years old and will feature the old cut.  Everything new fill fit exactly the same and in either cut I believe you would still wear a small.

•  

I usually take an XL across the board, but have found the pencils to run a size bigger than all my other FJ shirts.  Go with one size smaller, or two sizes if you want the Euro look....snug fit.

• 22 points

I'm 6'4" 195 and always wear a Large in FJ shirts.

• 420 points

I worked in a pro shop for about three years and we sold FJ apparel, the most common reason people had to return/exchange the shirts is because the didn't try them on. They do in fact run about a full size bigger. I'm 6'2" 180 and wear a small in FJ but medium in almost every other brand. Also look at the tag because some say "athletic fit" sometimes you can get away with going up a size in these but not always.

Best of luck,

Breks

• 2397 points

RMH49 -- I am your size 5'6" - 5'7" and weight is 170 I wear the FJ in small.  

• 688 points

The tag in the shirt that runs large is glued in with "ProDry Pique" and "Made in China" on the tag. The seam drapes several inches over the arm/shoulder. The ones with the sewn in tag  appear to fit. The shoulder seams align with the end of the shoulder/arm. I have several (purchased on sale) that are horizontal contrasting stripes with white (lisle?)collar that have no shoulder seam, but the sleeve ends about and inch just above the elbow.  Thanks for the information and help.

•  

RMH49
    The tag in the shirt that runs large is glued in with "ProDry Pique" and "Made in China" on the tag. The seam drapes several inches over the arm/shoulder. The ones with the sewn in tag  appear to fit. The shoulder seams align with the end of the shoulder/arm. I have several (purchased on sale) that are horizontal contrasting stripes with white (lisle?)collar that have no shoulder seam, but the sleeve ends about and inch just above the elbow.  Thanks for the information and help.

That makes sense, the shirt with the heat pressed tag is an older model, with the old cut.  They are still lingering in stock at some retailers but not many.