No Ironing for new shirts?

No Ironing for new shirts?

• 5399 points

Recently picked my first FJ shirts and love them.  They have a nice, solid feel.

Quick q, the label says not to iron them. Is that right? I think the lycra certainly handles most wrinkles on the body areas, but the collar could do with a small bit of pressing.  What do y'all do?

•  

I have 22 FJ shirts in my closet and they have never seen an iron.......wash them, dry them, hang them up immediately and wear them.....never had an issue.....

•  

ChuckZ
    I have 22 FJ shirts in my closet and they have never seen an iron.......wash them, dry them, hang them up immediately and wear them.....never had an issue.....

I would like to second that motion.  The knit collar (on some models) could use a press from time to time but that is really it!

• 886 points

And if you get a self collar...never need an iron

• 5550 points

I would be careful with an iron. These shirts are a synthetic and excessive heat could potentially damage them.

If mine have a few wrinkles I throw them in the dryer with a damp towel for ten minutes.

I do fold and stack mine. I would rather have wrinkles then hanger impressions in the shoulders.

•  

Putting an iron on a synthetic blend is dangerous, since most people use too much heat and scortch the fabric. The more cotton based collars can be touched up, but only need a slight amount of heat to make them look new.

When you wash, don't fully dry the shirt. Hang it when it's still a bit damp, and smooth the collars out. They will dry just fine then and look smart. I have folded and then traveled with FJ shirts, slacks, and sorts and they always travel well and without wrinkles of any kind.

• 266 points

I also have a variety of FJ shirts and they wash, dry, and look great! Enjoy!

•  

I do not iron any of my FJ shirts...use the dryer if necessary.

•  

I fold mine with use of the thin wooden square foldy device they use in stores... Shirts are folded n tossed in drawer, the night before use I put them on the couch and no wrinkles at all.

•  

I do not iron any of mine but all but a few have self collars

•  

I don't dry my shirts.  I drape them over towels and let them air dry.

TT

• 1362 points

no ironing for mine - i just put them on coat hangers and hang them up on the shower rail to dry

•  

THE WIFE TELLS ME THAT SHE WASHES THE FJ SHIRTS, TAKES THEM OUT OF THE WASHING MACHINE AND PUTS THEM ON HANGERS TO DRY. NEVER IRONS THEM.

•  

i dry mine without dryer sheets and hang up immediately.  No need to iron!

• 2956 points

Wash 'em, take 'em out of the dryer when just about dry, put on good rounded hangers, and voila, good every time.

Tim T.  Gee, that sounds like a lot of work. Do they look like new forever?