Belts

Belts

• 2490 points

with the trend where belts tend to match the pants or shirt it seems ( as opposed to the match of hat, belt, shoes) is FJ looking at more colors in belts for their pants or shorts?  what do people think?

•  

I would love to see FJ add some more belts other that black and white to their inventory, but I do understand why they do not.  I do not feel that it would not be cost effective.  I am ordering two FJ belts through my brother-in-laws course and they only special order them.  They do not stock them.  Obviously because they do not sell a lot of belts.  Belts do not seem to sell in proshops.  Inventory is all about turn.  Merchants do not want items that will set around a year or so.  Again, I would love to see many colors.  I have many colors in pink, red, orange, white, black, orange/blue, blue, but unfortunately not FJ......from a financial standpoint, I think FJ is making a wise decision.....one persons opinion.....I was in the retail businss for over ten years and we carried belts in our stores, but they were our own brands of belts.......loss leaders......cz  : )  

• 4846 points

I have always matched belts with shoes...but with all of the apparel and shoe colors now. I try and use the KISS principle through out my life. I love all of the vivid colors. I don't want to have to spend a lot of time color coordinating outfits to play. A white is edgy for me.

•  

Mark:  Guess I am little *** when it comes to dressing.  Have always been, even when working.  Always prepared the night before.  Pants, shirt, tie, belt, jacket, shoes, socks, etc....now retired kept same regiment....when I look good, I feel good, and I play good....l I'm good with the white belt, even at my age....heard a rule of thumb that if your waist line is over 38 you should not wear a white belt...I guess I live in the danger zone....I'm a 40 and I will wear a white belt to match the white shirt, pants, or shoes...depending on the mood.....I too like the throw in a vivid color (Tennessee Orange) every now and then.....when you play 4-5 days a week....you have to change up or get bored....cz : )

•  

I have a feeling you'll see belts soon!!!

•  

Have pushed this button many times. Currently I use belts from IJP so I can add to the color pallette. I know TNT uses Patrick Gibbons Handmade, but those are mucho dinero....

•  

Tar Heel

Have pushed this button many times. Currently I use belts from IJP so I can add to the color pallette. I know TNT uses Patrick Gibbons Handmade, but those are mucho dinero....

But they sure are pretty!

• 4925 points

This could be a sister thread to the "how many FJ shoes do you own". Something like "how many belts do you own that are used for golf".  I'm ready to be wowed.

• 1643 points

I use Piedmont Leather....great product and great customer service

• 351 points

I need to add some belts. I've been looking at a red and/or grey lizard at Piedmont to start with.

•  

Jack, IJP has a very nice red croc belt that's quite cost effective. I'm going to have a look at Piedmont, since I need to add grey and pink to the mix.

•  

FJ needs to add at least a brown/chestnut color to line...(I know I sound like a broken record)...

•  

Call Patrick Gibbons Handmade.. He'll talk your ear off, which is a good thing.. Quality lasts!

•  

No doubt about Patrick.  The guy provides great customer service.  I have a couple of his lizard skin belts and they are really nice.  Might have to save up and pull the trigger on some of the more *** skins - like TNT has in his closet.

•  

Thats the good thing about PGH, you can go from python or lizard $125 to the chameleon Gator $500!