Shorts

Shorts

•  

Does anyone else have a problem with the length of shorts today?  When I shop for shorts now, most have inseams of 10-11 inches, whereas I find a 7 or 8 inch inseam is a much better fit for me.  The longer inseams run to the middle of or just below my knees, a length I find very uncomfortable.  I am actively looking for a web site or a store that sells shorts with a shorter inseam.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

•  

get your FJ's hemmed!

• 344 points

I've got the same problem. I would like a pair or shorts, not Knickers.

•  

I have a similar issue with the FJ shorts.  They are just a bit too long for me and come close to my knees.

But I won't pay to have such a small amount hemmed.  I just pull them up to my chest (Holley style).  haha

TT

•  

OUTIGER

I have a similar issue with the FJ shorts.  They are just a bit too long for me and come close to my knees.

But I won't pay to have such a small amount hemmed.  I just pull them up to my chest (Holley style).  haha

TT

Holley gets his chest hair stuck in his zipper! 

ALL shorts are too long for me and my stubby legs, I just accept it.

•  

i have long legs, so i love that shorts are getting longer.  i prefer to have my shorts come to my knee, so a 10" inseam is about perfect for me.

• 4423 points

Fortunately all shorts run to just above my knees and are very comfortable!

I think your best option is as Devin mentions.  Get them hemmed!!

•  

Getting them hemmed is the way to go, find a good tailored and it really should not cost that much. Lucky for me it is not an issue.

• 1466 points

I have found the same problem, some other brands not necessarily designed for golf have better fitting inseams but not as great material as the FJs, and getting hemmed seems like a good option!

• 5235 points

I generally have mine hemmed. The tailor I use is an avid golfer. He completely understands.

•  

I find them to be a perfect fit. And like trousers, if they are too long, as Warren Zevon once said, "I'd like to meet his tailor." Got get 'em hemmed....

• 1135 points

I have the same problem because I have stubby legs. I would like to find someone reliable to hem shorts and some pants for that matter. The hard part is knowing where to go. I guess I could try Yelp or something similar and look for the highest rated person near me.

• 2772 points

.I  have to get them all hemmed as I am vertically challenged. I hate them hitting my knees. Fortunately we have tailors that will do the job for less than $10

•  

It's a hard catch to find the short length shorts.  I end up hemming my FootJoy's about 3/4 of an inch.  for shorter shorts try -

Lands End,  Patagonia, and Brooks Brothers.

•  

Tailoring is definitely the solution. But it sounds like MyJoys needs to broaden horizon to include Shorts......