How do I clean my golf hats?

How do I clean my golf hats?

• 5771 points

Anyone know a good reliable way to clean hats?

• 1559 points

I always wear them in the shower.  It doesn't stop the fading but neither did the dishwasher trick or the normal washing machine.  Never put them in a dryer or you will have a beenie.  Sometimes you are just better off disposing and buying a new one!!

•  

Throw them in the washing machine and hang dry.

• 5771 points

My apologizes for the typo. I found and online article that I tried that worked well.

•  

I give mine a good soaking and quick scrub with one of those super stain remover soaps on the dirty spots and/or sweat stains and hang out to dry and hope for the best.

But sometimes you've just gotta know when it's a losing battle and grab a new one.

Personally, nothing looks worse than a dirty/stained/old hat when everything else looks good.

•  

After wearing take a soft brush and some warm water. Once you have the water on there just brush away. Let them dry and you should be fine.

This will not stop fading, which is mostly what kills the darker hats. Like your shoes, I recommend rotating hats to add to their life span.

• 326 points

I usually put my hats on the top shelf of the dishwasher and let it dry outside.

•  

Gabreeze
    I usually put my hats on the top shelf of the dishwasher and let it dry outside.

I have heard this works as well, never tried though.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    GabreezeI usually put my hats on the top shelf of the dishwasher and let it dry outside.

That's what I do, works great, don't wash with dishes though haha get food in the hat.

• 5771 points

Ok, Here is the method I used.

A) Soaked the hatY ) ***s) in warm water. about 30 minutes just long enough to throughly soak the hat. The soap permeates the fabric easier.

B) I used Era liquid dish washing soap and a "used" toothbrush. I was told to use a dish washing soap to break up the oil in the sweatband. I scrubed with the brush to remove the dirt and grime. I did the seams, inside and outside the sweatband. I don't think you can use to much. I let the hat soak over night in a sink full of water.

C) I washed them in the Clothes washing machine on delicate cycle with no laundry soap.

D) I hung them up to air dry.

They look great. I had been relegating them to doing household chores when they got dirty and buying new.

•  

Get one of these. Then put in washer and air dry

• 4565 points

Whaql1
    Devin_GmitterGabreezeI usually put my hats on the top shelf of the dishwasher and let it dry outside.

That's what I do, works great, don't wash with dishes though haha get food in the hat.

I suspect you found that out the hard way :)   Personally I just wear a hat until I feel its unusable and replace it.  Generally I have 5-6 different hats in various colors to match what I'm wearing!

•  

I use carpet cleaner (foam spray). It's perfect to remove sweat marks.

• 787 points

My sweatbands in the hats always warp, any suggestions to keep it from not warping?

• 2819 points

The hats that are special I put in the washing machine,but always with a plastic hat form that most sporting goods stores sell.