Rain Gear Maintence

Rain Gear Maintence

• 5 points

I have a 2012 footjoy tour collection rain suit (short sleeve rain shirt, pants). It is starting to retain water rather than repel it. I know the material needs to be clean to be able to breathe and bead water. How do i clean it properly so i dont ruin it?

•  

There should be a care tag inside both the rain shirt and the pants. I wash mine  using the delicates cycle.

•  

I've never had to do anything special with my rain gear.  I always let it hang dry after use.

•  

You could also hand wash and hang dry.

TT

•  

memphisunited
    I've never had to do anything special with my rain gear.  I always let it hang dry after use.

I  do the same and never had an issue either, the secret is letting them air dry before packing them back up.

•  

Let it air out and dry before you repack or store back in our bag.  I've never had an issue.  Good luck and stay dry.

•  

My DryJoys Performance Light rain pants took a beating last week in the sloppy conditions in Arkansas.  When I got home, we just threw them in the washer, following the care instructions on the tag.  Came out looking great.  Now I just have to wear them in the rain to see if they've held up as well in that aspect.

• 366 points

Do you ever use those soaps for Gore-Tex, my FJ rain pants are older and have started to leak a little at the knees?

•  

I do not put my rain gear in the dryer, wash on the gentle cycle.

• 4180 points

Yep air drying is the way to go.  If you feel like it needs a good washing.  Then delicate/gentle cycle and hang dry.  Everyone's suggestions work perfectly in my experience.

Now my research shows that there are many products out there that'll help restore the water repellant properties of this equipment.  Maybe something like ReviveX (I've never used it personally, only mentioned).  Or even spraying on simple Kiwi Camp Dry.

Some google searches can give you other ideas and opinions.

•  

Men with laundry tips: 'Delicate Cycle, Hand Wash, Hang Dry"....Just luv it ! Does that cover your non Golf Attire as well ?  lol  !

BTW  - Welcome to the FJC Moard 1990

• 4180 points

girlsgotgolf
    Men with laundry tips: 'Delicate Cycle, Hand Wash, Hang Dry"....Just luv it ! Does that cover your non Golf Attire as well ?  lol  !

BTW  - Welcome to the FJC Moard 1990

Hey it all goes into one load for me.  Whites, darks, colors, stripes, delicates, doesn't matter.  All one big pile into the washer.  I hope it comes out clean and the same color I started with!