Forums

FJ rain pants....which do i get?

•  

So which FJ rain pants should i get??  i found a great deal on the premiere rain pants.  and from what was said by the apparel people at the FJA, these are hard to pass up.  or should i get the DryJoys tour collection.  i've really been wanting the European edition of these pants with the belt loops and i have a friend going to Ireland in a week.  so he was going to try to get me a pair.  but now i've found the premiere's on sale for a lower price than i've ever seen the tour collection.  so basically i'm really confused now.  anyone have any suggestions?  anyone from FJ try both pairs and could give me a comparison?

•  

You can't go wrong with any of them...if price isn't a worry go with the European edition...if you are on a budget take advantage of the discounted price on the Premiers...

•  

I got the basic/regular pants to wear over shorts for the first few holes then I shed them! But then you can't pass up the deal at golflocker! Even the basic ones kept me dry but the FJAI!

•  

The Tour Collection ones are a good choice if you are only going to have 1 pair. I have a pair that is at least 8 years old and they not only look like new but are as waterproof as the day they came out of the package.

• 2756 points

19hole
    The Tour Collection ones are a good choice if you are only going to have 1 pair. I have a pair that is at least 8 years old and they not only look like new but are as waterproof as the day they came out of the package.

I think that's great advice.  Otherwise if money isn't an issue get them both.  You really can't go wrong either way.

•  

well i didn't pull the trigger on the premiers and they are gone.  my friend leaves for Ireland saturday, so hopefully he can find a pair of European edition pants for me.

•  

well i didn't pull the trigger on the premiers and they are gone.  my friend leaves for Ireland saturday, so hopefully he can find a pair of European edition pants for me.

Ryan Atkins
    19holeThe Tour Collection ones are a good choice if you are only going to have 1 pair. I have a pair that is at least 8 years old and they not only look like new but are as waterproof as the day they came out of the package.

I think that's great advice.  Otherwise if money isn't an issue get them both.  You really can't go wrong either way.

unfortunately price is an issue.  so getting both are definitely out of the question.  it's hard enough for me to justify buying any considering i've played in the rain a grand total of once in the past 17 or 18 years.

•  

19hole

that's what i think i'll go with.  seems a lot of people have them and like them.

•  

Let me know if I can help you out with them.....

•  

You may want to consider the temperatures in which you will be playing in rain gear.  I found my regular rain pants and jacket were too heavyweight during the majority of the months I play, but were perfect during the winter months or on colder days.  I found and purchase the DryJoys Performance Light jacket and pants just for that reason, as they are much more comfortable in the rain here in southeastern Texas.  For example, haven't worn my short sleeve DJTour rain jacket since the FJAI at RICC, but have worn the DJPerformance Light jacket three days this week (no rain, just chill).

•  

We rarely will play in the rain any more, but I have Dry Joys and have had them at least 10 years and never had a problem. The tour collection would be fine if you could be playing in the rain a lot.  Save your money and get a pair of Dry Joys.  Use once in 17 years, what is the sense in that.

•  

You will really like the Tour Collection - they are very comfortable, and can be tailored if needed.  I wore them at the FJAI and was dry as a bone after the round (along with the TC rain jacket).  Congrats on your choice Tim.  Are you getting the FJA logo on them?

•  

19hole
    Let me know if I can help you out with them.....

i have a friend in Ireland right now so hopefully he found me a pair with belt loops.  if not, i'll let you know.

•  

Hmmm...can we get the logo on rain gear?

•  

I'm pretty sure you could get the FJA logo.