Forums

What's with this hat?

•  

I saw someone wearing this hat on the golf course yesterday. It also has ProV1 on the other side. What's with the mixed brands?  

• 637 points

Cobra used to be owned by Acushnet Company (which also owns Titleist and FJ).  Puma purchased the Cobra brand last year.  This hat is from a few years back.  Tour players wearing Cobra hats nowadays will be sporting Puma golf shoes.  

•  

This is now relegated to the hall of fame...

•  

Or the hall of shame, depending on your point of view!

•  

I vote the Hall of Shame, it was always a second string club outfit.  Acushnet could not even salvage it. Good for Puma. A second string shoe company.  The original owner was the brother of the founder of Addidas they had a falling out and poof Puma.  Never lived up to big brother.

• 2756 points

...if it said "ZL Encore" on the brim we would have something.

•  

old hat that is still avaible

•  

I think I may have that one, have to check old hat box.  I think I also have an old PUMA shirt from 7th grade too....

•  

Definately an out of fashion hat.

• 2756 points

BostonBuzza
    I think I may have that one, have to check old hat box.  I think I also have an old PUMA shirt from 7th grade too....

I had the version before this with nothing on the brim.  Had it in white/black and black/white.

•  

Cobra clubs peaked with Greg Norman for awhile and slowly sunk off the radar.   You'll see some Cobra /Tirleist /FJapparel on Ebay every now and then.

• 2781 points

I remember those days, I had this hat in white.  I still use the Cobra S9-1 3 wood and Cobra hybrid from back when they were owned by Acushnet.