Forums

Performance Argyle Golf Sweater

•  

Mmmah-ma-miah!

I had no idea how very nice these really are!  I liked the style and color so I went and ordered.  I don't think I've ever own anything nicer.  What a nice surprise to come home to, except I tracked its whole trip to me for days. . . so it isn't really a surprise.

But what I mean by surprise is the amazing quality!  This is MERINO WOOL!?!? . . . it says it is. . . err. .  it read, I meant.  Then I also read the lining is wind and water proof!  Not that I'm purposely going to take this out on a rainy day, but in case I'd be caught in a rain out there, I'll be warm and dry.  It may not be golf the first time I wear this sweater-- I'm thinking ballroom dance. . . Gosh it's the darndest thing!  (danrdest- the system can't find the correct spelling for it.  -- lol)

FJ products:  you can literally blindfold yourself and buy its product and will guarantee you will end up with top quality and style.

Anyway, www.golflocker.com - you guys lead me to it!

It'll be 81 on Sunday . . . Perfect! . . . I'll be in it!

•  

81!!! I only wear those sweaters when it goes below 50!  

•  

That's a pretty warm sweater for 81 deg. I have a hard time wearing mine when it's over 60. Very nice looking though.

•  

I own 3 and I think I would like to have some more. However 81 will be a tad warm

•  

Devin_Gmitter

in Newport it stays below 50 in what, August??

•  

I said that kiddingly . . . it's ok, I'll blame it on my thick accent. (lol)

Devin_Gmitter

golferdrmjr
    That's a pretty warm sweater for 81 deg. I have a hard time wearing mine when it's over 60. Very nice looking though.

bholley
    I own 3 and I think I would like to have some more. However 81 will be a tad warm

•  

I wore mine yesterday, 45 degrees and a steady 10-15 mph wind, and was plenty warm. You will not be disappointed in the performance of this sweater.

•  

Very Sharp ! Now try sporting an Orange Shirt  ( that is the color of pin stripe argyle ?) for a pop of color and you will rock !

noeldaof
    Mmmah-ma-miah!

I had no idea how very nice these really are!  I liked the style and color so I went and ordered.  I don't think I've ever own anything nicer.  What a nice surprise to come home to, except I tracked its whole trip to me for days. . . so it isn't really a surprise.

But what I mean by surprise is the amazing quality!  This is MERINO WOOL!?!? . . . it says it is. . . err. .  it read, I meant.  Then I also read the lining is wind and water proof!  Not that I'm purposely going to take this out on a rainy day, but in case I'd be caught in a rain out there, I'll be warm and dry.  It may not be golf the first time I wear this sweater-- I'm thinking ballroom dance. . . Gosh it's the darndest thing!  (danrdest- the system can't find the correct spelling for it.  -- lol)

FJ products:  you can literally blindfold yourself and buy its product and will guarantee you will end up with top quality and style Anyway, www.golflocker.com - you guys lead me to it!

It'll be 81 on Sunday . . . Perfect! . . . I'll be in it!

•  

I probably should not have been so excited in my words.  But, I can't help it.  I don't own many nice things.  I shouldn't mix it with a little fun either-- It's difficult to be funny and come out positive at the same time.  I guess it doesn't work.  It takes a special person/talent to be able to pull those things off.  It doesn't appear that I could do that either.

All I know is that I just got me a nice sweater that I am excited about.  I aim to share my little news about it with all of you with much joy and, yeah, I am proud now own one. . . probably the first sweater I bought for my self.  When birthdays and holidays comes around, guess what?  I'll be stuck again with someone else's likes.  Not this time.

•  

I'm off to golflocker as I type, those sweaters are the warmest thing going! And even better, they stop all wind!

•  

girlsgotgolf
    Very Sharp ! Now try sporting an Orange Shirt  ( that is the color of pin stripe argyle ?) for a pop of color and you will rock !

Thanks, yeah, you are right on it!  

•  

81 in California is like 50 elsewhere. Nice sweater Noel you are a very dapper golfer :)

•  

Nice pick up No'l. You will surely love this sweater. I wear mine with the base layer mock and it is absolutely perfect.

These sweaters can't be beat for keeping wind out and warmth in. That's why when Don says any temp over 60 it's too warm he's spot on. These keep your body heat inside, so the layering needs to be done thoughtfully.

That said, the drop needle pullovers are great buys when you don't need the extreme warmth of a performance pullover.

•  

Sweet sweater, Noel.  From all I heard from the others at the FJAI, you'll love this one.  Sharp looking, especially if you go with GGG's advice on the shirt.

•  

pulplvr
    Sweet sweater, Noel.  From all I heard from the others at the FJAI, you'll love this one.  Sharp looking, especially if you go with GGG's advice on the shirt.

Yes, thanks!  I have a new shirt with a single orange stripe over a gray base.  I might need another a couple other shirts.

Thanks, again.

===========

Tar Heel
    Nice pick up No'l. You will surely love this sweater. I wear mine with the base layer mock and it is absolutely perfect.

These sweaters can't be beat for keeping wind out and warmth in. That's why when Don says any temp over 60 it's too warm he's spot on. These keep your body heat inside, so the layering needs to be done thoughtfully.

That said, the drop needle pullovers are great buys when you don't need the extreme warmth of a performance pullover.

Great to hear from you, Randy!  

. . . chuckling about all the temperature comment.  Don and everyone was fine. . . my joke led them to believe I was doing it for real.  I knew this sweater's going to be as you said, with the cool breeze coming up to the high desert, I'm counting on this to keep me warm.

**Base layer and a sweater, yeah, I think that would work nicely. I have a couple of UA base layer I got from last year that would look wrong if I wear'em with these nice sweater because it's got the UA logo on the neck-- not gonna hurt me, but I think I would rather have an FJ on it or plain one.  I'll do something about that, soon.  Thanks!

=============================================

RANDYWILDMAN
    81 in California is like 50 elsewhere. Nice sweater Noel you are a very dapper golfer :)

LOL- RandyWildman-- 81 is 81 here, too, my friend.  Thanks about the sweater, you have to check it out if you haven't already.  I'm sure you will get more use out of it up at Oregon(?) than me here in the Cali High Desert.

=============================================

TNT009
    I'm off to golflocker as I type, those sweaters are the warmest thing going! And even better, they stop all wind!

Yes, Todd . . . you are absolutely right!