Forums

Rain Pants with belt loops

•  

Does anyone know of FootJoy rain pants with belt loops.  I think Chris Garrett said they were the European version.  Does anyone have any info on them?  any style numbers?  would love to get a pair and i much prefer being able to wear a belt.

•  

Played with Chris at RICC, so I saw them close up.  Fantastic pants.  He took off his pants to wear the European version rain pants.  Dry as a bone all day long, despite the heavy rains we had.  Would love to have a pair.  Why aren't they in the US, FootJoy?

•  

pulplvr
    Played with Chris at RICC, so I saw them close up.  Fantastic pants.  He took off his pants to wear the European version rain pants.  Dry as a bone all day long, despite the heavy rains we had.  Would love to have a pair.  Why aren't they in the US, FootJoy?

The only difference between the two is really the belt loops.  The US version also features full zippers on the sides, for easy on and off use.  You will not be disappointed in the US version, I wore them and was just as dry!

•  

Agree With Dev, in addition to staying dry, I was warm and comfy!

•  

interesting thread. would like to see some pictures of the belt loops ones. thanks

•  

G8006

FootJoy Mens DryJoys Tour Collection Rain Trouser 2012

Tour Proven Rain Wear from FootJoy

found them on golfonline.co.uk

don't if they ship to the us

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    pulplvrPlayed with Chris at RICC, so I saw them close up.  Fantastic pants.  He took off his pants to wear the European version rain pants.  Dry as a bone all day long, despite the heavy rains we had.  Would love to have a pair.  Why aren't they in the US, FootJoy?

The only difference between the two is really the belt loops.  The US version also features full zippers on the sides, for easy on and off use.  You will not be disappointed in the US version, I wore them and was just as dry!

i've always been a fan of being able to use a belt.  my problem with pants, i end up being a L waist and a XXL inseam.  so i usually my pants end up being too big in the waist and i'm pulling them up the whole time.  i got a pair of snowboard pants with belt loops this year, and loved them.  i know the US version would be top-notch and the full zippers would be nice.  

•  

RANDYWILDMAN
    G8006

FootJoy Mens DryJoys Tour Collection Rain Trouser 2012

Tour Proven Rain Wear from FootJoy

found them on golfonline.co.uk

don't if they ship to the us

that's what i was looking for.  i checked that site, but i didn't see it.  i'll have to look again.

•  

Devin has the skinny jean version also.

My good ol American version worked like a charm all day at RICC.

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    Devin has the skinny jean version also.

TT

this applies to rain pants as well.

• 384 points

I have the 2011 tour model pants - full zipper with flap over - not the 2012 with the taped seam, but they have a snap adjustment on the waste that works perfect.  I purchased them XXL prior to losing 70 lbs. They are on the tightest snap, but do the trick perfect.  I have to be honest.  Prior to these I had a pair of (similar to) Zulu Romeo rain pants with belt loops.  I never really understood the belt loops - its not like you can take the belt you are wearing off and then put them on the pants.  So, I ended up keeping a D ring belt on the pants, and that was annoying.  I said all that to say that I personally prefer the adjustable waist rain britches.  Just my $0.02 worth.

•  

tdogg21
    OUTIGERDevin has the skinny jean version also.

TT

this applies to rain pants as well.

Nice one Tim and Tim

•  

Very sharp looking with the Belt loop.  Will other colors become available?  I can see another fashion trend taking place here.

•  

Black and White are both available in the UK, nothing for us here in the USA though.

•  

hmm....they have black and white over there??  not sure if i would want white (might show too much dirt on the messy days) but would probably look pretty good when clean.