Forums

Warm/Cold weather under garments...

•  

Come on guys, spit it out... when does the line of boxer/boxer briefs, under shirts and shorts/pants come out (that are not rain gear)?  This has to be in the works!  Nothing could complete the wardrobe like some more FJ products. 

If you do the socks, naturally you need to work your way up! 

•  

That sounds like a great idea - and would, of course, be very stylish.  

•  

I wouldn't mind some long inseam compression boxers from FJ.  There is nothing like a snug fit on those hot days on the links.

Tim

•  

That's what I was thinking... they already make such great outerwear... get me some underwear!!!

•  

I'm not sure about the compression briefs, but I do have a great Dunning compression top (from the Titleist Performance Center) that I wear under a sweater when it's cold out.

I also find that on those cool mornings during the Florida winter that my rain pants over a pair of shorts work well until it warms up.

•  

I agree, 19hole.  The rain pants do keep you warm even though they are not made for that.  I am interested in a line dedicated to warm/cold weather.  I think it would do great for the brand if it expanded its horizons into that category.  I would like to see the tour pro's wearing a FJ compression or something along those lines.  I would like to wear FJ sweat pants and FJ sweatshirts, even for off course time, FJ gym shorts for working out...etc. 

The quality behind FJ is already there, so they would not have to establish themselves as a great clothing provider.  They would simply have to develop the line and put it out there.  People will buy because of the solid reputation FJ already has, it would be a great alternative to UA for me.  I don't really want to buy their stuff, but it gets the job done.

Thoughts?

•  

I agree, they make great clothes now. All they would need to do is expand the line.

•  

I wonder why FJ does not expand into more areas?  As I see it, they could easily hop into line and offer more products.  I would like to see a golf line for off course.  Natuarally, slacks come to mind.  Something I can wear to dinner or church. 

•  

Staying dry is the best way to beat the heat in the summer and to stay warm in the winter. Dryjoys has the best fabric technology available. I believe they should extend into the under layer garments such as U/A has. The U/A compression fabric is not a proprietary fabric. (go to Wal-mart) The compression house brands seem  to work just as well as the U/A items. However the compression fabric as described while keeping one warm does not wick moisture very well.

Footjoy could make a lot of cold weather golfers very happy by entering this market segment

•  

bholley

Staying dry is the best way to beat the heat in the summer and to stay warm in the winter. Dryjoys has the best fabric technology available. I believe they should extend into the under layer garments such as U/A has. The U/A compression fabric is not a proprietary fabric. (go to Wal-mart) The compression house brands seem  to work just as well as the U/A items. However the compression fabric as described while keeping one warm does not wick moisture very well.

Footjoy could make a lot of cold weather golfers very happy by entering this market segment

+1, would love to hear if this has ever been a consideration by the FJ team.

•  

I would like to see FJ come out with slip on sleeves like nike did a few years ago. They could have a better selection of colors. 

And assorted clothing for general purpose use. (Sweatshirts, T-shirts, Shorts, etc.)

•  

As someone who has been in the clothing retail and production game for many  years I think FJ has been very smart with how they expand their line.  It is important for companies that are successful to find a niche and become the best in that niche, then expand with things that promote or directly corelate with that product.  I'm sure we would all like to see FJ come out with a complete line of clothes, accessories, under garmets, but the reality is that to compete with some of the major brands out there would be less profitable doing this than just sticking to what they do best (ie, shoes, socks, shirts, belts ect.).  There is so much money that would need to be invested in R&D on pants, shorts, compression items, ect, not to mention getting into the costs of equipment, warehouses, labor ect to expand to these items that a lot of times it can lead to a brand going under if not done correctly.

•  

hear, hear.  I would love some as well!

•  

memphisunited

That sounds like a great idea - and would, of course, be very stylish.  

great idea!  any more word on this?

•  

EM, while we all love FJ, this market right now is held by the "performance shoe guys." By that I mean Nike, Addidas, and Under Armour (who frankly started it). I must also say that as a very loyal UA person, their Elastine fabric is off the hook. In case you haven't noticed it, they just launched a complete line of both mens and ladies under wear.... As a user, it's is perfect for golf.

Back to the question of FJ getting in this arena... tough call. Since the brand has a footprint in golf specialy and green grass locations, it could add the products to the repotoire. But will retail snap it up? Tough one to gauge. I for one would like an alternative...