Forums

RE: Scotty's New Shirts, Very Nice, but NOT FJ ;(

•  

Here are my new shirts, just arrived yesterday.  I do have to say they are very nice, but a bit dissapointed he went away from FJ.

Any ideas as to why he goes from Peter Millar, to FJ, then RLX?  Different contracts....

Enjoy, sorry for the pizza boxes in the background, my kids dinner!

•  
    I think only Vokey has done FJ. Scotty dictates a lot of what is released. He seems to keep a "buffer" between Titleist/Acushnet. Probably because of the brand equity from Scotty Cameron name. It is definitely interesting to see the contrast in what Bob does vs. Scotty.
  •  

Nice looking shirts BB.

But I have stopped using his gear and won't until he steps up and supports the "family" with a FJ offering. That's the only way I'll buy another of his shirts. The Millar's and Fairways & Greenes were OK, but nowhere near the FJ fit, feel, and finish.

Wear them in good health. Sausage? Cheese?

•  

They look nice, but not an FJ product and I am sold on those. By the way, a guy has to eat once in a while, but what were they??? Peperoni, combo???

•  

I am a loyal fan of Scotty's however I agree....the products are no where as nice as FJ products I have used...period! 

•  

Vokey has also used other brands besides FJ.  I forgot, but I will look when I get home and send out a follow up.

My little guy, 7.5 likes the plain cheese and my older one, 10 likes peperonni.

Thanks again, go FJ...

•  

Good choice Buzza, it looks very nice. Would be even better if FJ.

•  

Good lookin' shirts BB....I liked the way they looked but had to pass this time on account of them not being FJ shirts.  Couldn't pull the trigger on the RLX.

• 2180 points

So where does one buy these limited releases shirt and headcovers??? I just got signed up on Cameron collector.. but don't see an area there for info??

•  

They are released of days preceeding tournaments, usually! Gotta be on twitter or TCC to find when the release drops as everything usually sells out fast!

•  

nice looking shirts.

i'm guessing he goes with whoever can do it with the most profit for him.  and i don't fault him for it.  he might lose some customers because of it, but it's his decision.

or maybe he wants to try to keep the SC brand separate from the acushnet brand.

•  

TNT009

They are released of days preceeding tournaments, usually! Gotta be on twitter or TCC to find when the release drops as everything usually sells out fast!

You also have to be a Club Cameron member, and even then you aren't guaranteed to be able to pick up everything you'd want in the release.  

• 1441 points

Those are some nice looking shirts I passed on them instead went with the headcover and Augusta t-shirt this time. Enjoy them

•  

REBEL

So where does one buy these limited releases shirt and headcovers??? I just got signed up on Cameron collector.. but don't see an area there for info??

You need to join  http://www.scottycameron.com/registrationoptions.aspx Club Cameron to get access to the Studio releases.  Of course you can always buy on secondary markets but be prepared to SPEND.  The putting cup this year is awesome.

I'm hoping the US Open release is something cool that ties to San Francisco (ie GG bridge, crab, etc) WITH NO YEAR ON IT!!!!  :-)

•  

I happen to have the 2012 putting cup if anyone is interested in purchasing.  Send me a pm with an offer.

TT