Forums

BEST WAY TO CLEAN YOUR CAPS AND VISORS

•  

bholley

Uh guys thaat is the reson for the device to keep it's shape

In some none cotton material hats, I could see that it would work, but cotton caps like most I've had, they shrink.  The plastic frame you suggested would keep it from wrinkling, but can't do anything with shrunken material.

Still a good product to use.  It's what we use it on might be questionable.

•  

noeldaof

bholley

In some none cotton material hats, I could see that it would work, but cotton caps like most I've had, they shrink.  The plastic frame you suggested would keep it from wrinkling, but can't do anything with shrunken material.

Try washing in cooler temps. If you wash cotton in hot it will shrink cold will not shrink. Just remember it goes the opposite of body parts.

•  

bholley

noeldaof

bholley

Try washing in cooler temps. If you wash cotton in hot it will shrink cold will not shrink. Just remember it goes the opposite of body parts.

true, but can you run a dish washer on cold?  maybe that device and a washing machine on cold would work.

•  

tdogg21

bholley

noeldaof

bholley

true, but can you run a dish washer on cold?  maybe that device and a washing machine on cold would work.

It is for the washing machine!

•  

I love the dishwasher idea, but I think my wife would get a but upset to find the china, silverware, and my dirty hats in the same mix..

Funny

• 3627 points

I tried to wash a white hat once...but it crumpled up and became unwearable. So I've just worn them until they wear out...thankfully my hats last a long time.

• 2822 points

If it is a favorite hat I put it in the dishwaher but use a plastic form I bought that keeps the hat from shrinking and maintains its shape. If it's not a favorite than it's time for a new FJ.

•  
    I do that once a year with my hats
    • 440 points

Yep, I've got one and use it often... I wish they'd invent something to prevent fading due to sun exposure and heavy sweat stains

•  

PerfectCurve CapWasher, Sweat Spray, Dishwasher, Shower & Shampoo, Carpet Cleaner quite an interesting  array of techniques there.....Where should I send mine to ? Do you all do dishes, windows, laundry, housing cleaning too ? 

Has anyone taken their caps to the dry cleaners ?