Forums

New lines on the Blog

• 3503 points

Check out the blog for some teasers and great pics on the new line! What one is your favorite? From the looks of it, I can dig the Captiva and Bar Harbour the most!

•  

GOOD LORD, HOW CAN YOU CHOOSE???

HONESTLY THEY ARE ALL TOP OF THE CLASS, WOW.

I NEED A SOCIAL SECURITY RAISE,,,BIG TIME .

•  

I saw that as well...I'm still excited over the new Spring line (still deciding which shirts I'm going to get) and now I'm drooling over the new Fall line already.  

•  
    I like it but I honk they need one more style in the fall collection and that is camouflage because that is during hunting season and I think there are people that would buy them
  •  

Wheelez3030
    I like it but I honk they need one more style in the fall collection and that is camouflage because that is during hunting season and I think there are people that would buy them

Don't see that happening...ever

•  
    Devin_Gmitter

Wheelez3030

Why?
  •  

Wheelez3030

When I said I was shooting six from the woods that's not what I meant. 

•  
    Fairway finder

Wheelez3030

When I said I was shooting six from the woods that's not what I meant. 

You would be playing an awesome game of hide an go seek though.... I guess I will have to buy my shirts from bass pro shop
    • 3503 points

Wheelez3030
    Devin_Gmitter

Wheelez3030

Why?

The reason why FootJoy is the number 1 brand in golf is simply because: they stick go golf. The only player on tour who'se ever worn camo is Boo Weekley and while he is a fan favorite at times, doesn't seem to drive up retail with his good ole boy camo. Camo is not "The Mark of a Player" in my definition/opinion. Acushnet Co has always been a company with high standards and traditional golf and business values.  Camo is not parallel with what FootJoy has done apparel wise in the past and definately not for the forseeable future. Camo runs with hunting, not golf.

Ask yourself, would you like to be in a deer stand at 4AM with your buddy looking like he belongs on the first tee? No. Camo should stick to all things outdoors, hunting, hiking, etc. I am a fan of camo as a pattern but never ever for golf. And Im not even a professional. Think about the people who call the shots at the world's #1 golf company. They are the ones who make the big bucks and produce what the people want. You may be in the extreme minority here but camo and FJ go together like lamb and tuna fish.

Take it from Devin or anyone else who has inside info (ie pros, reps, vendors, etc...) and they will tell you its not their market, and no money to be made.

•  

Great, I didn't see that article link yet!

Also, they have added more pictures since yesterday. I think they are going to add more every day of the show. Very exciting!

•  

Are you wanting the camo for golf, or for hunting? I don't necessarily see camo as being a benefit in golf, especially with anxious golfers who may not see you in front of them and hit into you because you blended in so well, haha.

•  

I am very pleased to see the Bar Harbour Collection. It really has a great combination (blue and black) and certainly adds to some great MyJoys combos. I'm already plotting my fall purchases!

•  

Hmm...would Bill Murray wear camo golf wear? I know Carl Spackler would. Regardless, anyone wanting camo golfwear should log onto the website of Boo Weekly's clothier and place abundant nebular references on their site.

•  
    Tar Heel

I am very pleased to see the Bar Harbour Collection. It really has a great combination (blue and black) and certainly adds to some great MyJoys combos. I'm already plotting my fall purchases!

Randy - in Massachusetts the "prahpa" way of saying it is "Baa Hahbaa" - looking forward to the new lines!
    • 3627 points

Wheelez3030

LOL! I love it... :)