Forums

White slacks

•  

I have the fashion sense of bassett hound, so tell me - is it permissible to wear white slacks during the winter? Personally, so long as it contrast with the shirt, sweater/windshirt/sweater and shoes, it's OK.

•  

Hey Fred

Well we do see the Tour Professionals wearing white after Labor Day, the fashion experts cut off, right? So the traditional fashion rules are already being broken.

But you do live down in Texas, so you may get grief for it......

My advice is to go with what you are comfortable with. White is just another color to me, and if you feel like wearing it, the do so....

•  

It's interesting you mentioned grief Randy - I have a beautiful 100% cotton, Navy blue shirt with thin white vertical stripes that just hollers for me to wear white pants. So, i did yesterday, with white belt, FJ WHITE socks and my white FJ Sport shoes - caught all sorts of flack for trying to imitate the "Good Humor Ice Cream Man". They were all delivered a one finger salute. My wife said I looked sharp and that Cary Grant would approve.

•  

Thats like someone telling you shouldnt have a staff bag or play blades... If you like wearing white pants, then rock on!

•  

fredcloss

It's interesting you mentioned grief Randy - I have a beautiful 100% cotton, Navy blue shirt with thin white vertical stripes that just hollers for me to wear white pants. So, i did yesterday, with white belt, FJ WHITE socks and my white FJ Sport shoes - caught all sorts of flack for trying to imitate the "Good Humor Ice Cream Man". They were all delivered a one finger salute. My wife said I looked sharp and that Cary Grant would approve.

Way to go Fred, sounds like a good look to me. Those losers are probably the same guys that wear crummy white shirts (not tucked in), tan pants, and dirty shoes, every round! They wouldn't know fashion if it bit them in the posterior area.

•  

golferdrmjr

fredcloss

Way to go Fred, sounds like a good look to me. Those losers are probably the same guys that wear crummy white shirts (not tucked in), tan pants, and dirty shoes, every round! They wouldn't know fashion if it bit them in the posterior area.

Those who make fun of a well dressed golfer are those who are unable to dress that way themselves. In my opinion, looking good=playing good.

•  

How did you guys know the critics had their shirttails out and dirty shoes? LOL

•  

Whaql1

golferdrmjr

fredcloss

Those who make fun of a well dressed golfer are those who are unable to dress that way themselves. In my opinion, looking good=playing good.

The other side to that is "If I'm not going to play well today, I may as well at least look good doing it!"  Atleast, that's what I tell myself.

•  

Fred...

If you are going to step up and wear nice clothes, regardless of color, then grief will surely follow. Congrats to you for doing what you did.

I too have worn the white pants with white shoes and gotten the whole "ice cream man" stuff. But at the end of the day, I was collecting cash and NOT handing out any treats!

I also wear Ian Poulter products, with a lot of tartan shorts and some of his fun trousers, like light blue. And of course I have shoes to coordinate with all of it, which just makes people crazy. I get the

"Hey, I have drapes that look like those shorts!" Really? you must have a nicely accessorized home... Just give it right back to them Fred!

•  

TH, I agree! If you look good, then it doesnt matter and youre the one buying the gear-not them! If theyre bagging on your clothing, its most likely because theyre jealous, so let them hate!

•  
    No only white shorts during the summer
  •  

I wear white pants with white shoes all the time.  I don't really concern myself with the "no white after Labor day" stuff.  If it's what I feel like wearing that day, it's going on no matter what time of the year it is, I just hope it isn't muddy!

•  

"Hey, I have drapes that look like those shorts!" Really? you must have a nicely accessorized home..."

Randy, I may put that on my grave stone, but admittedly, my tastes are much more conservative than anything in the Ian Poulter line (Loudmouth will never be seen in my collection either)

•  

I believe that as long as it co-ordinates, looks tasteful and you feel good in it then you should go right ahead. I think that it's important to look good on the course. IJP is great gear and also there are some really nice colours in trousers from sub seventy. Next year is the FJ year of fashion, so it's time to take it to the golf course.

Fred, it sounds to me as though you were looking sharp and your on a course where fashion has not yet arrived to the uninitiated masses. 

•  

Loudmouth is definately off the table for me. That's just in your face, and that's not my style. Actually, the IJP line is very classic in terms of fabrics, but he adds that twist of tartan that really is so nice. Don't get me wrong, I only have 1 long pair of those, and that is the Black Watch pattern. My wife would have my you know what if I started trying to wear all the long trouser patterns.

But I can get away with the shorts in tartan, and those really do look very "snap" on course, especially with the matching Icon Asymetricals.

Go ahead, step out a little!