Forums

Sun Mountain Rain Gear FAILS at the Ryder Cup - should have gone Footjoy.

• 1782 points

story?id=5636137

Enough said.

•  

Every story is ripping these guys. Bad day for them....

•  

I think their sponsors should send blank suits and let PGA of America put the logos on so they match. No one really cares if everyone matches exactly as long as they win!

•  

Can't have that much stitching on a rain garment and expect it not to leak! Not sure what they were thinking.

•  

I'm sure this will not happen again.  Next RC will have some SWEET gear.  I am calling it now. =)

•  

shaun13

Can't have that much stitching on a rain garment and expect it not to leak! Not sure what they were thinking.

Actually if sewed correctly and then putting a membrane under the embroidery will keep it from leaking.

More than likely it was not sewed properly (remember the puckering around the USA) or there was a problem with the membrane.

The stuff was so ugly the only actual repelling the rain gear did was to members of the oposite sex.

•  

From what I heard, they did not make them out of gore tex like most companies do but some less widely used alternative.  Clearly not the only problem but I don't think it hurt.

•  

Anyone know if they used FJ for this year's President's Cup?

•  

that is because footjoy is better