Forums

Fit in the ProDry® Performance Base Layer

•  

I don't know if anyone knows yet other than the guy who won the sweeps but does the new base layer run true to size (UNLIKE the polos) or do I need to adjust either way when ordering?  We don't have any for retail around here and I am going to order one of each color but want to make sure I don't choose the wrong size.

THANKS GUYS/GALS!

•  

While I am at it, how does the Half-Zip fit as well?

•  

Eric

I would say that the 1/2 zip fits the same as current outerwear. I have several different "vintages" of items and they are all pretty true YOY.

The base layer might be a different story. I just got one of the new Pique Dry Polos and it runs a much better fit than previous years. Better (slimmer) body fir, longer tails and a nicer sleeve fit. So asking is a good idea...

I have not seen an at stores yet either, and with fall fast approaching, would expect them out?

•  

just received mine from the PGA contest (thanks again FJ). The 1/2 zip fits like all other FJ product, I got an XL and it fits great. The baselayer is a very fitted item, as it should be. The XL fits great, but will not be wearing it without something else on top as it is made to be a true base layer. much more comfortable than any nike or UA I have tried before. 

Will post a picture (of total outfit) and full rundown once I have worn all for a round. Luckly it has not been needed yet here in Wisconsin.

•  

Do you have any polo's?  I find the polo's fit big.  I don't want to order a half-zip and find out I'm swimming in it!

•  

Eric

The body size is the biggest thing I think for you, right? The 1/4 zip fits just like the wind shirts and other pullovers, so whatever you wore should be OK.

FYI, I just got a new FJ ProDry Pique shirts and the fit is much better. Body is much more slim and the sleeves, which I know you are worried about, are a tad shorter than before.

•  

Yes, the fit is ultra important to me.  Just ordered some Travis Mathew polo's (after I bought one for a test run) and I REALLY like the fit in those.  Almost perfect.

I'm going to have to scope out a shop that sells the new stuff around here and try it on.  Sleeve length is huge for me.  I like a more form fitted shirt (no Schmediums though).

Thanks for the help Randy!  Muchas gracias senor.