Forums

Every Day is Now Playable!

•  

From todays golf.com....

Course of Style: FootJoy making every day playable

Steve Stricker for FootJoy
    Acushnet Golf
    The three layers of FootJoy's new FJ Layering System are designed to keep players like Steve Stricker, dry and warm.

This week industry leader FootJoy introduces a new layered golf clothing system, including the company's first compression piece — that is, a tight-fitting undershirt to supply warmth and support — which the company has been testing on tour. The new ProDry compression shirt was designed to be somewhat roomier and less restrictive than other compression garments, according to Whitney Trimble, the director of marketing for FootJoy apparel. It was worn by Steve Stricker in the windy conditions at St. Andrews during the British Open.

"Our goal is to make every day playable,” Trimble said. “The system makes it easier to play in all conditions with less."

The new FJ Layering System, like other foul-weather golf apparel, consists of three layers: 1) A compression base that provides moisture management and regulates temperature by moving perspiration away from the body ($55). 2) A Performance Half-Zip Pullover, with four-way stretch, for versatility and warmth during dry conditions ($85); and 3) A redesigned DryJoys Tour Collection jacket with the FJ Protect Waterproofing System ($240) or a Rain Shirt, short or long sleeve ($160-180).

The outer layering pieces, a signature component of FootJoy's apparel for years, also have four-way stretch fabric and include rain pants, rain shorts, softshell jackets and vests, and windshirts in color-block patterns. The complete redesigned FootJoy layering system will be available beginning in August.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/equipment/article/0,28136,2007653,00.html#ixzz0vC2ShTLU
    • 2207 points

Guess I better start saving up so I can get all 3 layers.

•  

Waiting to see the new lineup at the pro shop near me. They said they are getting a catalog soon and will let me drool over some of the new clothing items. I am still getting a new  winshirt this season before heading to the South for the Winter months. May alos look into getting some rain gear if this rain doesn't let up up here in Iowa. For the month so far, I heard we are over 30 inches above normal in some areas and the golf courses are taking a beating. We spend some  of the summer months camping and the courses where we camp have been under water for much of the season so far. Playing and skipping holes is not a lot of fun.

•  

Great article, I am going to have to go to a local shop and see it all for myself.

•  

FOOTJOY TOOK THE OBVIOUS-LAYERING IS THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY IN CLIMATIC CONDITIONS THAT CONSTANTLY CHANGE--AND MADE IT STYLEISH.

WAY TO GO FJ.

•  

great article, looks like I have some shopping to do!

•  

I think you guys will really appreciate the new products. There has been a ton of excitement about this new line and the layering system has been very well received by accounts, consumers and Tour pros for helping them maximize performance in variable weather conditions. Make sure you check out the new base layer, which Stricker debuted at the British Open, as well as the mid layer 1/2 zip pullover sweater. Both great products for on or off the golf course!

We'll give you all a chance to win the new layering system in the coming weeks...stay tuned.

•  

Chris Garrett

I think you guys will really appreciate the new products. There has been a ton of excitement about this new line and the layering system has been very well received by accounts, consumers and Tour pros for helping them maximize performance in variable weather conditions. Make sure you check out the new base layer, which Stricker debuted at the British Open, as well as the mid layer 1/2 zip pullover sweater. Both great products for on or off the golf course!

We'll give you all a chance to win the new layering system in the coming weeks...stay tuned.

Great looking items, not looking forward to needing them as that means the season is heading to the end but can't wait for the chance to win something.

Shaun

•  

Great looking items...glad FJ is getting into to compression gear. I like my UA stuff but it is not intended for golf it is a bit restrictive. I like the idea of looser fit so I can move throughout my swing.

•  

I'm really looking forward to the 1/2 zip sweater, I love wearing them in the winter.  I am just hoping the fit is good!  Looking forward to the new line up. 

•  

great article..can't wait to try the new products..especially the base layer!

•  

I too have been using the UA products for several years. While it is "tight," it has helped to feel more like a 2nd skin and keep my back warm and loose. As a +50 aged player, changing weather can mess with my back, so this use of multiple layers has helped me a great deal.

This new FJ system will surely up the stakes in this type of dressing. I know many FJ folks here have been hoping for something like this for quite some time.