Forums

How to dress for golf...

•  

If I'm going to play a "bad" game at leat I'll look "good" doing it ... LOL

•  

NEED TO SEND THIS TO FREDDY JACOBSON AFTER LAST SUNDAYS "DRESS DOWN" HE PUT ON.

•  

Geoff Ogilvy could use a copy of this artcle as well!  These guys on tour look like they got dressed in a dark closet!

DOGLOSKI

NEED TO SEND THIS TO FREDDY JACOBSON AFTER LAST SUNDAYS "DRESS DOWN" HE PUT ON.

•  

To me, if you dress conservatively, you are never out of style.

•  

golfchick

Great message and guidelines.

The author obviously favors dark shoes and socks (and we've had the discussion about what color socks to wear) but I have to put in a good word for all other FJ styles, especially with shorts. I think most guys who wear shorts look good with a saddle or light shoe -- and black on black is good with black shorts I guess, though it's not my favorite look.

So long as there are no black socks with the shorts.

•  

Definitely an interesting read...

•  

I like horizontal stripes!  Heel, help me out here-  I thought good fashion was making sure your hat, belt, and shoes match. 

•  

fredcloss

golfchick

Great message and guidelines.

The author obviously favors dark shoes and socks (and we've had the discussion about what color socks to wear) but I have to put in a good word for all other FJ styles, especially with shorts. I think most guys who wear shorts look good with a saddle or light shoe -- and black on black is good with black shorts I guess, though it's not my favorite look.

So long as there are no black socks with the shorts.

There is nothing wrong with black socks and black shoes with shorts. As long as the socks are short. Use low cut or roll tops and it looks fine. It beats the heck out of black shoes and white socks, yuck. Call the fashion police.

•  

joshgiano

I like horizontal stripes!  Heel, help me out here-  I thought good fashion was making sure your hat, belt, and shoes match. 

Not to worry Josh you probably have more on the ball than the author David Granger.

First when referring to pear shaped it is normally referencing a lady who is not well endowed but also has a lot of junk in the trunk. It is true horizontal stripes make someone look more stocky but to use Davis Love as an example shows he either has never met Mr. Love or he is over reaching for an idea for an article. Love is listed at 6 foot 3 and 175 hardly pear shaped.

Although I prefer IJP more as a person than a Fashion Idol his game and his frame give him the leeway to push the envelope. Granger's use of Palmer (cardigan sweater please) and Miller and Nicklaus as fashion idols (although Jack did help popularize the short sleeved mock turtle) were very uninspired choices.

But bully for the unfortunate Mr Granger who at least mentioned how poor the Ryder Cup uniforms have been even thought the article was written before the last disaster. But as they say in Australia "even old blind Freddy could have seen that one."

Randy could have written a much better article than this.