Forums

Do you use your rainpants for anything else when its not raining?

•  

I just did a belt trade with a guy for a new pair of  DryJoys  Sta-Dry Extreme rainpants.  I can pretty much count the times I have played start to finish in the rain on one hand.   I know it would been nice to have the rainpants when I have been caught on course when it begins to rain.   Well that and no one else wanted the belt I had for sale was reason for doing the trade.  LOL 

My question is.... Do you ever wear your rainpants for anything else when playing?  Like in the morning maybe to keep moisture off of you  or use them as another layer of clothing you can take off easily in the cooler seasons?  

Let me know if you do or would I be like Boo wearing them every chance I got before he found slacks he could wear instead on rainpants.

•  

They can be nice to have in the bag for those times you may have to play out of a creek or the bank of a pond, I always keep a pair in the bag.

•  

Being a "Soccer Dad" as well as a golfer. I can safely say my rainpants have seen more wear on the soccer fields the last couple of years than golf courses. Although I normally leave them in my bag for Spring and Fall. They are fantastic for staying warm and dry while pacing the sidelines as well. May as well get as much use out of them as you can.

• 2989 points

I sometimes wear them early in the morning when it is still kinda damp and there is still alittle bit of dew in the fairways.   But other than that i feel that they are in investment that just sits in my bag all folded neatly.

•  

I find I wear mine on those rather cool mornings that you really don't want to wear just shorts but you know in an hour or so all you will want to be wearing is shorts.

•  

Like said above, I wear them to get warm when needed. And when its a cold wind,

JLAWTON, I also use them at soccer games.

•  

I have worn mine when it's cool outside and I have on shorts in the spring. I've also worn them on those colder fall days when the wind blows, and I need to keep warmer.

Good question JD...

•  

I'm with the Tar Heel ob this one -  will wear the rain pants over shorts in spring/fall early morning when a little colder.

Also tend to wear DryJoy jacket/pants to college football games when there is a chance of rain.

GO HOKIES

•  

I use my rain pants for an extra layer when its cold out.

Caddy13

•  

I wear mine during cold weather under 40 degrees because sometimes the moisture you are most likely to come in contact with is on the ground. They come in real handy if you have ever slipped and managed to not stay upright. So instead of you knee or other body parts being damp and cold you now have your rain pants to thank for keeping you dry.

•  

My general use is for the colder weather in the early morning.  My dad wears a pair for bike riding when its cold and windy.

•  

Thanks for the replies!   Yeah it's beginning to warm back up to the mid 60's now.   Guess its only when its raining now or until it gets cooler again!

•  

I USE MINE IN THE COLD AND IN COLD WIND.

•  

seems I am like everyone else and use them for cold more than rain

•  

I would have to echo the other posters in that I wear rain pants over shorts on cool mornings and take them off as it warms up.