Forums

ProDry Mock Question

•  

Mike & Chris

Have a question for you. I have noticed that two of my ProDry long sleeve mocks are beginning to develop "pilling" on them. It seems to be on the light blue and white ones and not affecting red or black. I'm washing them as instructions state; inside out, cold water, no fabric softener, remove immediately, and dry on low.

Is this normal?

As an FYI, my wife works for a very large "washing machine company" as a consumer scientist, so she is always monitoring fabrics and how they perform in various laundry conditions. So she is the one who noticed this and called it to my attention. Interesting eh?

•  

I haven't noticed that yet on mine Tar Heel, but will take a look and update this forum on my findings

•  

Tar Heel

Mike & Chris

Have a question for you. I have noticed that two of my ProDry long sleeve mocks are beginning to develop "pilling" on them. It seems to be on the light blue and white ones and not affecting red or black. I'm washing them as instructions state; inside out, cold water, no fabric softener, remove immediately, and dry on low.

Is this normal?

As an FYI, my wife works for a very large "washing machine company" as a consumer scientist, so she is always monitoring fabrics and how they perform in various laundry conditions. So she is the one who noticed this and called it to my attention. Interesting eh?

Tar Heel,

Did you purchase all four at the same time? And are they fairly new? The reason I ask is we had some trouble with the original mock but have since switched fabrics. If the white and blue are older than the red and black, that might explain why two are "pilling" and two are not. 

If you're willing to part with two of them for a few days, we would like to have you send them back to us so we can inspect them and let you know what we find. My guess is the two that are pilling are the old material. Send me a message on my profile page and we can coordinate.

Thanks, as always, for the feedback!

Chris

•  

I have 4 mocks which are now 2 years old and have not had a "pilling" problem. The collar on a couple tends to roll over some but I would expect it might have to do with the owner's  weight problem

•  

I think Tar Heel is referring to the new mocks out this past year as FJ changed the makeup of the material.  The older ones weren't as soft as this years new model, but it seems the softer shirts are doing the pilling if I'm reading this right.

My older shirts are definitely not as soft, and are holding up better, but I definitely like the softness of the new model mock out this year.

•  

This is the second winter i will be wearing them. As for being softer I am usually wearing something over them and also consuming beverages so the long and short of it is "I have absolutely no idea".

•  

Bholley is drinking until he can't feel feelings anymore!  LOL just kidding.

•  

I drink to forget don't ask why because i can't remember

•  

Chris Garrett

Tar Heel

Mike & Chris

Is this normal?

Tar Heel,

Did you purchase all four at the same time? And are they fairly new? The reason I ask is we had some trouble with the original mock but have since switched fabrics. If the white and blue are older than the red and black, that might explain why two are "pilling" and two are not. 

If you're willing to part with two of them for a few days, we would like to have you send them back to us so we can inspect them and let you know what we find. My guess is the two that are pilling are the old material. Send me a message on my profile page and we can coordinate.

Thanks, as always, for the feedback!

Chris

Chris,

What is the status on the pilling question posed by Tar Heel?  After reading this posting I started looking at a couple of my newest mocks that are doing the same --- it is mainly occurring on my red and white mocks...not noticing it too much on my light blue or other light colors...just the red and white.

They are relatively new and in comparison to my other FJ mocks very lightly worn (probably 4-6 wearings since buying them).