Forums

Bag -- Staff Stand or 14 Way LW Stand?

• 527 points

I'm with OUTIGER here. I think that the Staff/Stand combo would be a great fit for you.

• 527 points

Where in Asia are you? I'm in Japan and I loooooove Japanese golf stores. They tend to have limitless options. I have a Japanese style staff bag and I love it but I hate having to change bags all the time.

• 527 points

What about something like this?

•  

One thing is that I do often carry more than 14 clubs to the driving range or when not playing in a tournament.  I'm guessing the staff carry bag would makes things much easier for those instances as well.

•  

I have the Staff bag. I think I am buying the 14 way next though. Change of pace. I think the 14 way might keep your clubs from banging around a bit more. I have a Titliest bag because all of my clubs are Titleist. Ping offers some interesting bag configurations.

•  

BigO - that's a great looking bag! Very Class!

I'm in India these days. The selection of golf equipment is quite poor and prices are high.  Definitely not a buyers market.

•  

Quick update, I ended up getting the Sun Mountain Hybrid (similar to the Titleist 14 way).  The price was too good and I liked the pocket and cart strap configuration  bit better. I think I could see a Titleist Staff/Standbay in the future, but for my current needs I ended up going with the SM.  

• 2777 points

Rider so Staffer for me.  

• 4655 points

miniwarmth
    Quick update, I ended up getting the Sun Mountain Hybrid (similar to the Titleist 14 way).  The price was too good and I liked the pocket and cart strap configuration  bit better. I think I could see a Titleist Staff/Standbay in the future, but for my current needs I ended up going with the SM.

I'm glad you found what worked for you!

Personally I have a 14-way carry but I think my next will be a staff.  If i'm walking its with a pushcart so I'd like the convenience of pocket layout being more beneficial.  I find that I have trouble getting to some of my stuff with the carry bag.

•  

Nice choices guys. Very nice indeed.