Forums

Has anyone ever asked...

•  

19hole
    golferdrmjrDevin_Gmitter

kmcmellenIf you have an apparel deal with FJ?  A coworker asked this morning.

I said, "I wish.  It would save me a lot of money."  Never been asked that but at more than one tournament I have been told to "play

well this week," like I was a pro in the event. 9 out of 10 times this will occur in an elevator. :-)

Do you just say "Thank You" and move along? :-)

Yes, that is exactly what you do!

Rick, Even to the young ladies?

•  

NCBob
    19holegolferdrmjrDevin_Gmitter

I said, "I wish.  It would save me a lot of money."  Never been asked that but at more than one tournament I have been told to "play

well this week," like I was a pro in the event. 9 out of 10 times this will occur in an elevator. :-)

Do you just say "Thank You" and move along? :-)

Yes, that is exactly what you do!

Rick, Even to the young ladies?

Even if they are not on the menu?  Ha..ha..ha...ha...ha...ha...ha..

• 1834 points

Played at Williamsburg National one morning.  After the round, I met the family at Busch Gardens.  Was in line to ride one of the coasters with my son, and the guy behind me asked me if I was a golf pro.  At first, I didn't know what he was talking about, but then remembered I had on my FJ hat, shirt and shorts.  He went on and on about how he loves golf, and would look for me at the next event.  LOL

•  

Devin_Gmitter

I said, "I wish.  It would save me a lot of money."  Never been asked that but at more than one tournament I have been told to "play well this week," like I was a pro in the event. 9 out of 10 times this will occur in an elevator. :-)

It must be due to your good looks! LOL

•  
    I often get asked for pictures no matter where I go.

•  

Only by my kids :) They see the FJ logo a lot around the house.

•  

I hav many times, but go on to tell them about the FJ Community!

•  

Never been asked that specific question, but have been asked why I wear that type of shirt or gear. I usually answer it is something I prefer and let them know where they can purchase. It is also interesting that some who have made comments are somewhat jealous in that they have made derogatory remarks about how I dress for golf. In my humble opinion, it is truly THE MARK OF A PLAYER and that is all I need to remember.

•  

bholley

Classic, Bruce.

•  

I got asked if I was staff with Titleist once.  It totally made my day.

• 555 points

We have a standing Sunday 10 o clock skins game at a local golf course that usually has about 20 people show up.  I get questions about what products FJ has in comparison to other brands all the time.  My favorite is when someone asks me about a product and then says well I got this similar product for a fraction of the price.  Then mid round questions comes up like are your feet wet or this is not as warm as I thought it would be are you cold?  I am always happy to reply, FJ is a golf brand with golf in mind with the design of the products.  No my feet are dry and I am quite warm.    

•  

bholley

Did you tell them any jokes? And how was the game, worth every penny? Nice picture by the way! :-)

•  
    Don, the All Blacks beat the Eagles 70-6 but it was fun and nobody left early. I did wind up with a couple of scarves and a funky red hat
  •  

bholley
    Don, the All Blacks beat the Eagles 70-6 but it was fun and nobody left early. I did wind up with a couple of scarves and a funky red hat

Waiting to see that picture. Of course that will be edited since you ONLY had on the scarves and the funky red hat.....

• 1738 points

Yes, by many people who know I work at a local golf course.  I have even been asked to hook a fella up with some deals and such.  All I will say, is if your last name is not Tiger, then do not ask me to get you anything, cause it is not gonna happen.