Forums

Clothes for Big people

• 414 points

I just want to ask why the golf company's do not make apparel for people like myself, I wear 3-X shirts and size 44-46 pants, rain shirts and there are a bunch and I mean a bunch of golfers that are big people, Heck they say that over 70% of the population is way over weight but they make cloths for the other 30% ??? Makes me think that they are loosing a lot of sales because of it. I have lost over 100lbs. because I decided to eat right and walk while playing golf, but I am a big guy and I have to buy my golf shirts at like Wal-Mart and such. I sure wish there was a  way to get name brand i.e. Titleist, Cobra, Palmer, Izod and such at places where my buddy's shop for there cloths. Just  because I'm big don't mean I'm over weight and I know at my club alone there are way more Big guys than small !!! Help in Macon, Ga.

•  

Hello Sir,

We do offer select shirt and outerwear pieces in XXXL.  Most golfers fit into our standard S-XXL sizing, our apparel is very "generously" cut.

• 1951 points

To echo Devin's comments, FJ are generously cut.  I'm 6'5" 240, so I'm not exactly a small guy.  I wear an XXL comfortably.  My main compliment to FJ is that they don't forget that people are tall.  In other brands the XXL may fit my chest, but the sleeves are too short or the body is so short, I can't tuck the shirt in without it popping out the first time I make a movement.  Nor are their jackets so short that my sleeves or body are hanging out.

The same goes for their pants.  I can't stand a breeze on my ankles because the pants were made for someone short.  Men aren't supposed to wear capri pants.  FJ realizes this and their pants fit properly, whether it's the Performance Pants or rain pants.  

• 414 points

Thanks so much for the info and I guess I just have to search harder !!

• 1581 points

I also agree with Devin's comments.  I am 6'7" 250.  One of the reasons that I made the switch to only FJ products is that they make clothes big enough for guys my size.  I have never had a problem finding something to fit.  In fact, in some outerwear pieces, sweaters in particular i wear an XL.  Take the time to view all of the product selections and I am confident that you too will find something that works for you.

•  

Hey there BM.....I am on the big side also at 6'3" 250 lbs and I wear XL shirts in most FJ shirts and there are plenty big.....some of the shirts I can even wear a large.........I bet you can find something nice that will fit that toned down frame......they might even have something in Lavender......ha...ha...chuck  

• 414 points

ChuckZ
    Hey there BM.....I am on the big side also at 6'3" 250 lbs and I wear XL shirts in most FJ shirts and there are plenty big.....some of the shirts I can even wear a large.........I bet you can find something nice that will fit that toned down frame......they might even have something in Lavender......ha...ha...chuck

• 414 points

Guys you have all been a big help, I found some things on line but I still have trouble finding things here where I live (Macon, Ga. ) and everyone my size tells me the same story, Maybe we should open a Big and Tall golf attire shop !!! Anyway I have my FJ cloths and I have my favorite shoes in the world FJ Dry Joys !! Yes    wear a size 12 EEEE and I bought some years back FootJoy 12XW and we have been a perfect couple since and what a great relationship it has been, I wish my marriage would have lasted this long. LOL Thanks guys y'all are a great and helpful bunch and I wish we could ALL get together and play a weekend of golf. I'll bring my guitar !! LOL Big Mike

Big Mike and The Booty Papas         www.bootypapa.com

•  

dtr8
    I also agree with Devin's comments.  I am 6'7" 250.  One of the reasons that I made the switch to only FJ products is that they make clothes big enough for guys my size.  I have never had a problem finding something to fit.  In fact, in some outerwear pieces, sweaters in particular i wear an XL.  Take the time to view all of the product selections and I am confident that you too will find something that works for you.

I am right there with you, 6'-6" and 260.  I am able to wear the XXL shirts and 42 pants without any problems...everything fits perfect!

•  

Big Mike plays some mean blues......go to his site and listen......  :-)

• 955 points

Hey Big Mike,

You bringing that guitar of yours to Chicago any time soon?

Greg

• 414 points

Hey Greg we are not scheduled to do Chicago till after Europe but I think about September but I will let you know for sure and thanks so much for the asking !! Send me a mailing address on PM and I will send you some music !