Forums

Busted Umbrella

•  

For Christmas, my wife picked me up the DryJoys double canopy umbrella 34985. When I went to use it, I noticed the handle was cracked.  It's super flimsy and the crack keeps getting bigger.  Golfsmith won't take it back.  How long is the warranty on an umbrella?

•  

Sorry to hear your troubles.  Bad Golfsmith, that's why I use my Club Pro for equipment.  I have had a FJ umbrella for 14 years.  It is faded but still handles rain and wind like it was new.  I would bet customer service will put you in a new umbrella.

•  

I sent them an email two weeks ago and on again on Monday.  Usually FJ CS is top notch.  I'm wondering if there's a computer glitch

• 4423 points

I've seen the website contact form can be a little weird.  When I dealt with CS a few weeks back, it took me two tries before I got a message to them (the first try got me no response, so I tried again about a week later and had a response within 24 hours, I suspect the first one went off into the nether).

Have faith, and try again, they'll get back to you!

•  

Best bet would be to call. You can also reach FootJoy by calling our Consumer/ Warranty line at (800) 224-8501.  M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST.

•  

joshgiano
    I sent them an email two weeks ago and on again on Monday.  Usually FJ CS is top notch.  I'm wondering if there's a computer glitch

Devin has a rule set up to route your emails somewhere special.

• 5235 points

joshgiano
    For Christmas, my wife picked me up the DryJoys double canopy umbrella 34985. When I went to use it, I noticed the handle was cracked.  It's super flimsy and the crack keeps getting bigger.  Golfsmith won't take it back.  How long is the warranty on an umbrella?

What was the outcome? Has this been resolved?