Forums

Lisle vs. Pique

•  

Tar Heel
    Chris GarrettWorth noting that the pique is slightly better for wicking moisture. It "hides" sweat a lot better.

I never sweat my friend......

But when you do, you do it in a pique shirt.....

•  

I am a big fan of the lisle and that is the preferred choice for me. Either way you cannot go wrong if it is FootJoy.

•  

I have both types but seem to have more lisles.  I prefer the lisles during the hot and humid months.   The piques seem to be a little heavier so they are "warmer" in spring and fall.  

• 5235 points

I prefer the feel of the Lisle. It feels "cooler" to me in the heat.

• 736 points

I ordered the ProDry Lisle Solid Shirt #32980 (Black) from my Pro Shop.  I had a $40 credit from a pervious outing and decided to use it for a good purpose.

• 5142 points

The Lisle does feel cooler on the skin but the lighter colours are certain more revealing of perspiration.

•  

Tar Heel
    Chris GarrettWorth noting that the pique is slightly better for wicking moisture. It "hides" sweat a lot better.

I never sweat my friend......

Come to South Carolina in July/August or better yet, go to Memphis in the same time frame, where the humiture is worse......you'll sweat.....Temperatures knocking 100 and humidity close to it....I have played in California (Palm Springs in July and did not break much of a sweat because of the dry heat and believe me it was hot at 110 and I drank a lot of H2O).......interlock/lisle is more tightly woven but I do like the soft feel.......when it is hot I want a softer fabric against my sweaty body,which I cannot hide......

• 3067 points

I prefer the Lisle but as someone earlier had mentioned if it's FJ it's impossible to go wrong.

• 1676 points

We got in a nice collection of Lisle shirts at the course I work at.  I will be picking up four or five tomorrow after I play.  Some quality looking stuff for sure.  

• 886 points

I'm a pique guy myself.  Can't remember the last time I bought a lisle type shirt.  For the hot and humid PA days the pique keeps me cooler.

•  
    You polo from Ojai!
  •  
    I've only been sporting both for not a very long time, and I like them both very much, but can't really say I would be biased to one. What I know is that they are both quality material that feels real nice. Of course, there's a difference in feel and breathability so I just pull them out and use it accordingly aside from style and design. Really happy with both the choice.