Forums

BELTS

• 1012 points

Is it better to have your belt match your shoes or your shirt. I try to match my shoes. What do you all think

•  

Think this is a personal preference.  I do both and sometimes go with the color of the slacks.  I think if I feel good in what I am wearing I play good.    

•  

It doesn't "have" to match anything. Old school thought was shoe, belt, and hat same color, but if you're not careful, you can look like you should be in a marching band. So much depends on the colors of the rest of the outfit. Watch the guys on Tour, most do a very good job of coordinating the colors. Some experts like the belt to match the color of the trousers, it tends to lengthen the lower body. This comes in handy if you have shorter legs and a longer torso.

Personally, I like the belt and trouser match idea in a lot of cases. But if you have special colored pair of MyJoys and a belt to match, go for it! Or even just the extra colorful belt to throw in some spice to an otherwise not exciting color combo. For example, an all black combo with a red croc skin belt. Or a tan or brown combo with an orange lizard skin belt. Whatever works for you.

Just wear what you're comfortable with and don't worry what other people think. Wear your FootJoys and have a good time! :-)

•  

Shoes is a good rule of thumb, but as long as you're coordinated it's all gravey!

• 1812 points

I'm a shoes and belt matching guy.  Even though most times I leaves shirt untucked.

•  

kmcmellen

I'm a shoes and belt matching guy.  Even though most times I leaves shirt untucked.

Wait, what! Please tuck in your shirt! For the love of everything sacred, don't look like a bum. :-)

• 1812 points

golferdrmjr
    kmcmellen

Wait, what! Please tuck in your shirt! For the love of everything sacred, don't look like a bum. :-)

After a couple of swings or bending over for a putt and the shirt is pretty much out anyway, it's easier to save myself the annoyance and leave it out.  Sorry.

•  

golferdrmjr
    kmcmellen

Agree 100%........Absolutely tuck that shirt.....please....no bums allowed....and please don't say they are FJs........

•  

Only time I didn't tuck my shirt in was two of my rounds on the Dominican Republic when I wore my Tommy B Camp Shirts with my Classics... The guy behind the desk asked me to tuck it in and wife quickly set him straight!

• 4318 points

I'm a big fan of tucking my shirt in, but I do find it obnoxious when some of the shirts that might have shrunk up a bit (or perhaps i've grown OUT a touch) do pop out and I have to tuck them back in.

I will admit that if I'm playing on a local nine hole course, or a pitch n putt I may not tuck in, but those are very laid back places (you see jeans, t-shirts, etc)

•  

Back to the shoe topic.....

I match the belt to the shoes pretty much exclusively. If the shoe has a color combo available I will match the belt to the secondary color in the shoe.

The key to the topic really is to think and coordinate based on all the colors you are wearing. If they are coordinated then it doesn't matter, because people will see the fact that it is all tied in.  

• 716 points

IMO belt to match shoes. Don't care for example brown belt and black shoes. Takes away from the "dressiness" of it.

• 614 points

White belt with dark pants?  Thoughts?

•  

yopper
    White belt with dark pants?  Thoughts?

If it is a white shirt, I say yes.  

According to some, golf fashion is trending towards matching your shirt to your belt or pants to your belt, so the belt doesn't chop you in half.  

The shoes may obviously also match!

• 667 points

On the golf course I say it is Golfers perference.  I usaully try to match pants / shorts to my belt, but I am known to wear a white belt if I am wearing a white shirt.

I have heard many say that the color of the belt sometimes draws to much attention to the mid section.  For all of you skinny guys, this is no problem, but for those of us who have some girth, it could be a bad image.

And since this topic has come up, when is FJ coming out with some belts?  The other golf apprael compines have thiers, FJ has everything else to complete the ensemble, why not belts?